[Resolved] Half Home Page Disappeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Half Home Page Disappeared

Home Forums Support Half Home Page Disappeared

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi Support,

Hate to bother you on the day before the Canada Day long weekend, but I have a major issue all of a sudden.

Half our home page has disappeared! I noticed yesterday that I could edit only down to the Demo portion, but the site itself was all there in view mode. Could find no solution by searching so figured it would clear itself up with a shutdown and restart today.

Just went in to work on the site … and now half the page is gone in view and edit modes. Since this is our draft new site, I don’t have a clone of it on my computer.

I don’t think this is even a theme issue, but I truly don’t know where else to turn. Are you able to help me with this? Or point me somewhere to get back our home page?

With crossed fingers,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So this is not the bottom of the page?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/UFaxsGQ54W90

I inspected the code and don’t see any content after that unfortunately.

Linda

No, Leo, that’s only about two thirds of the page and all I’m seeing, too. Thanks for checking the code.

Do you have any idea what could have happened? I didn’t do anything unusual … it just disappeared.

Any backup I have is for the live site and not for this subdomain/draft/in development one so I guess that option isn’t available to us.

Is there any fix besides having to recreate the missing content? Groan.

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I don’t really have any ideas about this.

Maybe make sure all caching is cleared and disable all plugins to eliminate some weird plugin conflicts?

Linda

Thanks, Leo. I did try both of these. The only plugins I didn’t disable were yours and WooCommerce since I didn’t think they would be an issue and I was also nervous about disabling 2 such key plugins! Unfortunately, it made no difference so guess it’s recreate time?

UPDATE 🙂
    Terrific news just now, Leo. Contacted our host and they found a backup of the subdomain site from the 26th, before this happened and the page is ALL back! Even better, he showed me how to download that backup to my computer now and in the future so I won’t get in this situation again. Wanted you to know because you’d tried so diligently to help me on this. You can imagine how much better I feel right about now!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found a backup!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.