[Resolved] H2 links not inheriting site link styles when using Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] H2 links not inheriting site link styles when using Elementor

Home Forums Support H2 links not inheriting site link styles when using Elementor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathy

Still testing some things – was trying to use GPP & Gutenberg only, but am fiddling with Elementor (free).

If I have an h2 that is a link, GPP via gutenberg styles it as my site link styles dictate.
    see /?page_id=6071

If I have an h2 that is a link, composed in elementor with their heading element, the link is un-styled.
    I have Elementor set to disable Elementor’s Default Colors (so it inherits the theme styles). The icon in the icon element does inherit the site link styles, but the H2 does not. see: /?page_id=5846

Not sure why this would be – a link is a link unless additional css told it to style differently (no ?)
    Both H2’s are constructed the same way:
    <h2><a href="#">This H2 is a link</a></h2>
    But Elementor wraps it in a div container and adds classes to the h2 tag. However I am not seeing the CSS that is nullifying/preventing the site wide link style from applying, but the .inside-article link settings are lined out when inspecting the h2’s a tag in chrome developer tools.

Do I have to go about defining more specific link css for this to work? – seems redundant if I’m not doing anything different from the rest of the links in the article.

Am I missing a setting or something so obvious I can’t see it?
    I know this is probably an elementor issue, not a GPP one – but I’m still just wrapping my head around GPP so I’m wondering if this has been seen before or if I am missing a gpp setting?

thanks
    – kathy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like it’s getting overwritten by Elementor:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/1RMm9AAyAl

If you can remove that CSS, then the link color from GP’s customizer should kick in:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/UVeo4RcxD3b

Check with their support if you aren’t sure why that CSS is there.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Kathy

wow – thanks.
    .elementor-widget-heading .elementor-heading-title>a
    has color and font-size set to “inherit”
    I would have thought that meant it would inherit the default a styles, but obviously it is not.

Anyway, Thanks for diagnosing this!
    Will have to work around / look into it further.
    I’ll post the question to them (unfortunately it’s the free version, so not sure how far I’ll get)

thanks
    – k

Kathy

marking resolved

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.