[Resolved] H2 and Facebook Widget Issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] H2 and Facebook Widget Issues

Home Forums Support H2 and Facebook Widget Issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Blayde

Good evening.

The titles of my blog posts (H2) are currently set to bold; however, there appears to be some kind of issue that is making them revert back to a previous option. In addition, my Jetpack widget, Facebook Page Plugin, is also experiencing issues — after navigating between pages a certain number of times, it suddenly becomes cut off in the right sidebar.

My “Additional CSS” is completely blank, and I previously cleared my cache when encountering a different issue that has since been resolved, so I’m unsure how to correct these issues.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you talking about this? If so that’s actually <h1>:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/PxdRQ7qPb

The titles on the blog page is <h2> which isn’t bold.

Make sure to clear W3 Total Cache everytime you make a change or disable it while developing the site.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Blayde

No, I’m referring to the blog titles on the “Home,” “Reviews,” and “Interviews” pages that are displayed in green text. They’re not displaying as bold, despite being set in that manner. I’ve attempted to adjust and readjust the H2 settings (changing them from “bold” to “normal” and back to “bold”), but the effect is temporary, reverting back to “normal” text after navigating to other pages and back to one of them.

Aside from that issue, the Jetpack widget, Facebook Page Plugin, is still displaying incorrectly in the right sidebar.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

flush and disable autoptimize – then check to see if you can update your H2 styling.
    If that works then we know its caching is the issue, if the problem returns when re-enabling autoptimize then deselect the combine CSS option in its settings.

I can’t see the issue with the sidebars – if you’re pulling content from social networks like a facebook page then that content may overflow the sidebar. If that is the problem then you would need to increase the width of the sidebar as you cannot change the size of content that is being served up from a remote server.

Blayde

The issue with the Facebook Page Plugin by Jetpack seems to have been fixed by changing the width, but the H2 issue still remains. I emptied the cache and disabled the plugin, although H2 still returned to “normal,” despite being set to “bold.” The issue continued after I temporarily deselected “Aggregate CSS-files?” in the Autoptimize settings menu. Though the cause of the issue is still unclear to me, I did notice that there are two “Typography” boxes in the customization menu, one of which (the box at the very top of the menu that is not directly associated with GeneratePress) does not have “inherit,” the default theme font, set for H2. I’m unsure if this is related, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There should only be one Typography panel from GP in the customizer.

Perhaps there is another plugin that’s adding another panel? You should be able to identify it by disabling all plugin except GP premium.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Blayde

“Easy Google Fonts” (one of my plugins) was the cause of the H2 issue. Once I disabled it, my post titles immediately shifted from “normal” to “bold.” Thank you both for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.