[Support request] h1 tag on comment navigation

Home Forums Support [Support request] h1 tag on comment navigation

Home Forums Support h1 tag on comment navigation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pankaj

Hello, Today I have check my view page source. I found two h1 tag on my page one is on post title that is ok….but one is on comment header..
    c
    You can check above screenshot….plz solve this problem other wise it can hurt my seo…thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the specific page? The comments title should be an h3 element.

pankaj

hello I have provided my website url at previous comment in private columns. Please check any single page of website and check view source where comment navigation shows…then you can see the commment navigation set to h1 tag…

I am not talking about comment title…I am talking about comment navigation. Comment navigation appears only when you enable comments in pages on discuss option of wordpress admin.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes, I see it. I’ve changed it to be an h2 in the next version.

You can adjust it for now in the comments.php template.

pankaj

OMG it is very serious issue for SEO purpose…Please tell how I can adjust in comment.php template.I am not much familiar with coding.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s actually screen reader text – only meant for users who are using a screen reader. The SEO impact is very minimal. However, it should be an h2, and will be in the next version.

Go to “Appearance > Editor” and look for comments.php file.

Then search for h1 and adjust them to h2.

Thanks for the heads up!

pankaj

Hello Sir, I dont want to give any heading tag to comment navigation. Just need to give <p> tag or any div tag or what u suggest? Plz tell code where to change and what to change.
    thanks so much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Removing the heading element completely will hurt your website accessibility, which is extremely important for people with disabilities.

If you want it to be a <p>, you will need to copy the comments.php file and add it to your child theme. Otherwise you’ll need to make the change after every GP update, as we’ll be keeping it as an <h2> element.

pankaj

Hello Tom, Its “Comment Navigation” How you can set it to h2 tag…it will appear on all pages and posts. So suppose if one article has six h2 tags then one is for “Comment Navigation”…How you can give it to h2 tag..will it be related to heading of article…

I think it should be h5 or h6…In my case I am going to h6 tag.

And one thing please explain how it will affect my seo if I will remove heading tag on “Comment Navigations”.

thanks

pankaj

hello Sir, I have removed h1 tag from “Comment Navigation” from comment.php…the comment title has h3 tag…Please check If there is any thing wrong…

Please it is very urgent and serious…I hope you will take it seriously…..thanks TOM.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Since it’s screen reader text, it’s not perceived like any other heading on the page. You and I never see it – but screen readers do see it, and perceive it as important (because it is, people with disabilities need to know when they’re entering a specific section of the page).

GP takes accessibility standards very seriously. It will be an h2 in the core theme, but you’re more than welcome to overwrite the template and make it an h6.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.