[Support request] H1 Tag not recognised

Home Forums Support [Support request] H1 Tag not recognised

Home Forums Support H1 Tag not recognised

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Philip

Hi just got the updated AIO updated plug in and it is saying I don’t have any H1 tags in some of my posts. It seems it is not recognising the article headline for some reason. Is this because it is disabled? I don’t know how to resolve this without putting in another H1 tag which would be two headlines. Clearly this does not look good. Any help appreciated, Phil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you have disabled the Content Title on the post then that will remove the H1 that is added by the theme… can you share a link to a post where the issue is reported

Philip

Hi David, yes the content title is not disabled, that was the first thing I checked. So AIO plug in is not recognising it as a H1 tag, so the only way to get it to recognise one is is to actually disable the content title and add another in the body of the post if that makes sense and then it recognises it as one for SEO purposes. Then the reader sees just one headline. It has not affected the home blog roll page. Thanks Phil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well thats just weird – if you don’t disable the Content Title the theme outputs the H1 in the entry-header of the post content – which is the standard place for the title to appear. The only time it is not displayed in the entry-header is if you’re using a Header Element to display the {{post_title}}. This is still output within the body of the page.

Do you have an example where the themes H1 is not being picked up by the SEO plugin ?

As an aside:

if you can see a H1 in the Source code of your site then the Search Engine will find it…. Google doesn’t actually care any more – referencing quote from Googles John Mueller:

“Your site is going to rank perfectly fine with no H1 tags or with five H1 tags.”

So if you can see a title on the front end its purpose as the main heading is clear to the user then you can ignore what the plugin is telling you

Philip

Thanks David, I will write another article tonight as I would normally with the headline and send it to you to see what you think. The issue for me and I take your aside which is useful is that I still need to add in a H1 text visually into the post. Leave it with me. Thanks for your help much appreciated, Phil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Totally agree – let us know when theres something we can take a look at.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.