[Support request] Gutenslider and Advanced Gutenberg slider block

Home Forums Support Gutenslider and Advanced Gutenberg slider block

• This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Toni

I am experimenting with GutenSlider and also with the Advanced Gutenberg
    slider feature. Neither one of them shows up on the frontend of the
    post. I have tried everything I can think of. The posts go into an
    elementor template I created for single posts – the theme of the site is
    generate press pro. I am out of ideas on what could be wrong. There are
    about 28 slides in this post. Do you have any ideas? The site is in
    development:
    http://inbar.kehilathaderech.org/30-%d7%a9%d7%a0%d7%94-%d7%9c%d7%a7%d7%94%d7%99%d7%9c%d7%aa-%d7%94%d7%93%d7%a8%d7%9a/

Thank you,
    -Toni ( tonis@calltonigraphics.com )

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can see that Slick Slider script is positioning the track way outside of the screen.
    Have you tried adding them to a normal page that is not using Elementor?

Toni

I just got a support message from GutenSlider that it does not work with Elementor… only with Gutenberg. I have several blogs – so I am using several Elementor templates for single posts and for archives. It shouldn’t effect the otherwise Gutenberg posts (should it?). I do not have any normal blogs without Elementor templates. Can that be done without Elementor Templates assigned to categories?
    Advanced Gutenberg has not gotten back with me yet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it sounds like you won’t be able to use those slider plugins on a post that is using an Elementor Template.
    Personally i only use the Theme for blog and posts. So you would need to build your blog without Elementor to get those plugins to work.

Toni

Thanks David. That is not good news. I put a lot of time into those templates. However, is there a way to make different “templates” for different categories just using the theme? If so, will you direct me to a tutorial on that (especially if it is video). I am finding Gutenberg to be very cumbersome. I am hopeful that once I learn it well (and they iron out the bugs) it might be a very good way to blog.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The alternative would be to try a different slider plugin.
    If you can share me a couple of links for the different post templates you have created then i can take a look at what would be involved.

Toni

Well, I tried the slider from Advanced Gutenberg – with the same result. The templates only come into play when someone selects the post from the archive (also within an Elementor plugin). Here is the post I am working on:
    http://inbar.kehilathaderech.org/30-%d7%a9%d7%a0%d7%94-%d7%9c%d7%a7%d7%94%d7%99%d7%9c%d7%aa-%d7%94%d7%93%d7%a8%d7%9a/
    As you can see – no sliders showing although I have 2 in there, one from Advanced and the other from GutenSlider.

And here is a post with many pictures in a regular gallery – it would be nice to have this in a slider:
    http://inbar.kehilathaderech.org/%d7%9e%d7%97%d7%a0%d7%94-%d7%a0%d7%95%d7%a2%d7%a8-%d7%94%d7%93%d7%a8%d7%9a-%d7%99%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%99-2019/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Couple of questions:

1. Did you use the Elementor Theme Builder templates for you Single posts?
    2. The common footer elements on your posts are they part of that template?

Let me know.

Toni

Yes, used a template for singles – the common footer template is a different Elementor template (not part of the posts templates)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the styling of your Post template is simply the border shadow and the rounded corners?
    If thats the case then we could provide you with some CSS to do that.

If you want to exclude one of your posts from the Elementor template display conditions then i can take a look.

Toni

No, sometimes there is an ad on the sidebar – and some of them have a background image of earbuds. I guess I could forego that if it would allow for the slider and some other items.

Toni

Is there another way to get rid of the template temporarily in the permissions? I must not be doing this correctly.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should be able to:

1. Edit the template.
    2. Click the Arrow beside the update button and select display conditions.
    3. Add a new Rule, select Exclude on the left, Singular and then choose the post you want to exclude.

How do you determine which template is displayed ? Is it by post category ?

Toni

It is by category. The dashboard for Elementor has gone to Hebrew – it doesn’t seem to allow me to exclude the category from all of the templates. I suppose this is a safeguard. The rtl language dashboard is slightly different than the ltr screens – and it doesn’t have the “single” – but I did exclude the test post. The problem is that it insists on connecting to a template, and gives a warning about having that exclusion in all three templates – so, what is your next idea?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you able to create a Staging Site ?
    Then you could disable the templates on the staging site altogether and we can reference the live site to make the layout changes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.