[Resolved] Gutenbrg vs GP Sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenbrg vs GP Sections

Home Forums Support Gutenbrg vs GP Sections

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hello

I find that when grouping some elements in Gutenberg, the setting of Wide width and Full width do not appear to result in a particularly different width of content. Whilst each option does produce a different container class; wp-block-group and wp-block-group alignfull respectively, they also both put their content in the same subsequent container with .wp-block-group__inner-container which does not allow for rendering the Full width of the browser viewport, such that my wave SVG does not reach the edge of the viewport.

My intention is to group some elements, some with limited width others not, in a container that IS full width and give that container a different background colour.

<div class=fullwidth style="color: #fff; background-color: #0096d6;">
     <div class=notfullwidth></div>
     <div class=notfullwidth></div>
     <div class=fullwidthwave></div>
    </div>

Can I use Gutenberg to do this or would it be better done in GP Sections ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tim,

I would recommend trying our upcoming block plugin GenerateBlocks:
    https://generateblocks.com/

It’s basically Gutenberg + Sections ๐Ÿ™‚

Itโ€™s currently in Beta testing but we are moving along nicely and getting ready for the official release soon:
    https://generateblocks.com/install/

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Tim

Thanks Leo

I’ve installed the GenerateBlocks beta and have been very productive with the containers. That’s a great help indeed.

I have found it a little bit fiddly to select the nested containers and move blocks in and out of nested positions, but I have been able to achieve all my goals eventually with a little trial and error.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.