[Resolved] Gutenberg Wide Width Vs Full Width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenberg Wide Width Vs Full Width

Home Forums Support Gutenberg Wide Width Vs Full Width

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marko

I’ve set my container width to 2000px (as recommended in documentation) as I want full width on all my content. That made the content section too wide and it wasn’t easy to read the text so I’ve set content padding to 250px from both left and right.

Is this the recommended way of doing this? If I set anything less than 2000px container width, it shows gray areas on left and right of content and I prefer it all being white like the background of the content area itself.

Problem I have is with images in Gutenberg: Both wide width and full width images end up being full width size. What’s the best way for me to fix this but still keep full width on all content without having those gray areas around the content box? Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so align-wide forces the element to extend to the edges of the content padding. Which is the reason why in your set-up it is extending full width.

So do this:
    In Customizer > Colors > Body and Customizer > Colors > Content set them to the same color e.g #ffffff – this will remove the grey borders you’re seeing.

Then set you Customizer > Layout > Container –> Width and Padding for the maximum size you want your align-wide content and your normal content to be.

Marko

that works, thank you David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.