[Support request] Gutenberg not working with GP Premium

Home Forums Support [Support request] Gutenberg not working with GP Premium

Home Forums Support Gutenberg not working with GP Premium

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Charles

Hi David,

I just tried installing and activating Gutenberg and when I went to edit a page I created I got a blank page. The site I’m working on is zoowoods.ca

Thanks
    Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you tried clearing caches including the browser?

Charles

Just tried that – still get a blank page.

Charles

My apologies, it looks like it’s not a GP issue. I tried installing Gutenberg on a second GP WordPress site, and then tried switching themes and still got the same result – a blank page when trying to edit or add a page. It appears Gutenberg is not ready for prime time, unless this is a server problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats odd, been using and testing Gutenberg and no issues like this.
    Check your server settings, PHP version (above 7) and PHP memory limit (128meg or higher).

Charles

I checked with my hosting company and this was their response:

On checking the error logs I could see that ModSecurity which is a Plesk Web application firewall is blocking the WordPress plugin due to which you’re facing the issue…Please note that Mod_security is an Apache module that helps to protect your website from various attacks.

They have temporarily turned off ModSecurity with.htaccess. Obviously, something is not right with the Gutenberg beta code or my hosting company settings.

What do you think?

Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not good to disable the mod security. It seems this issue has arisen recently with Plesk users, this Git request provides two solutions to eliminating Gutenberg from the security rule. Link to first option, immediately followed by the second:

https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/10075#issuecomment-426906600

Charles

Interesting. Obviously Gutenberg is not ready for prime time. I can wait to have a look at it once it’s out of beta and these problems are solved.

Thanks
    Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t see this as a major issue. It looks to be a very broad security rule that some hosts are using. So not Gutenberg specific. So i think there is work to be done by both parties.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.