[Resolved] Gutenberg columns block vs Lightweight Grid columns

Home Forums Support Gutenberg columns block vs Lightweight Grid columns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blackbird

Hi, everything is changing so fast these days so I would like your opinion if Gutenberg columns block now is a better alternative than Lightweight Grid columns, that I have used so far?
    Lightweight is okey but not so easy to work with if you want to change padding and margin between and inside the columns, I think. Is Gutenberg easier/better now when it comes to those smaller but important details?
    Or is the only good way forward, if I want to add a lot of sections and columns and more intricate layout, to use Elementor??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks to the visual editing Gutenberg Columns ( i unfortunately have to say ) bests Ligthweight Grid Columns.

If you upgrade the block editor to 6.2 by installing the official Guternberg Plugin from the repository you will see the latest improvements to columns, a new group block and now the Cover block supports nesting so you can add any type of block ( including columns ) inside it.

Still there is no padding or other styling controls so will take a little CSS but is a lot easier to manage.

We’re working on a block plugin that will hopefully make this process a lot easier and reduce the need for CSS to almost zero.

blackbird

That sounds really promising, can´t wait!! 🙂

(I have installed Gutenberg, but use Classic mode so far. So haven´t tried it all out yet, wanted to wait until it is a little more stable and better. But maybe when your block is ready!)

By the way support from you guys is always super!! Unbeatable!! (if that is a nice word?) You answer all our silly questions with a smile, thank you for that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

A lot of issues and bugs have been ironed out in the latest releases of gutenberg. Its definitely worth trying out and getting used to the UI ( which some people love and others hate ).

Thanks for the super feedback – really appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.