[Resolved] Gutenberg Blocks for Generatepress?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenberg Blocks for Generatepress?

Home Forums Support Gutenberg Blocks for Generatepress?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

Hi,

I have already tested a few plugins in this article, which work together with Gutenberg and generatepress. But Atomic spends some bugs. See here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/menu-can-no-longer-be-clicked-on/

My question: are you planning blocks compatible with Generatepress in the near future? Or can you recommend plugins? Beautifully perfomant and cleanly coded?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Things are still so early with Gutenberg – those plugins will improve in time.

We’ll also most likely build our own set of Gutenberg blocks, but whether they’ll be GP only is yet to be decided πŸ™‚

Samuel

Cool, I’m really looking forward to that. Great that you guys are doing this. There are already some plugins for it: when would you start with it? Or in other words: when would you consider it the right time?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Once Gutenberg matures a bit. For example, everything style related in GB using inline styles right now, which is no good.

Once there’s a clear method for writing dynamic CSS for each block, we’ll begin work πŸ™‚

Samuel

Oh, genius. That’s good to hear. I have moved another page from Studiopress to Generatepress. Keep up the good work!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Tyler

Thanks for the updates, Tom! I’d vote as a plugin so the data isn’t tied to the theme πŸ™‚

Samuel
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That looks like a way for theme developers to add CSS to the editor itself and not have to make it more specific than the default Gutenberg CSS.

It would be nice if they would come up with a mechanism for developers to write dynamic CSS for each block on the front end of the site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.