[Support request] Gutenberg Block Column Width

Home Forums Support Gutenberg Block Column Width

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

Hello,

I’m pretty new to all this and could use some help! (I’m not a web designer, just workin on my own blog) Is there a way to resize the column widths of table and column blocks to something like 25% and 75% within the new WordPress editor?

Here’s what I’m stuck on:

The tables and column blocks always seem to be even – like two columns locked at 50%/50%. Three would be 33%/33%/33%. etc

I don’t really want the text to flow around the image, I’m trying to get this text to flow straight down evenly (which is why I’m using column blocks). But I can’t figure out how to make the column the image is in 25% and the column the text is in 75%.

Thanks for any help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you select the individual column, in the Settings Sidebar (Right Hand Side) you can adjust its width.

Aaron

Hi David,

Thanks, I was hoping it was something simple. Unfortunately, I’m still not seeing it though, would you mind pasting a screenshot of the setting you’re referring to?

I’m seeing things like # of columns, but nothing about width, thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to make sure you have the individual column selected as opposed to the Columns Block:

Aaron

Ok, figured it out. Writing this for future folks pulling their hair out!

Wordpress 5.2.4 does not contain the column width slider by default – you have to install the Gutenberg plugin itself.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/gutenberg/

https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/7315

Looks like they’ll update it in WordPress 5.3, but for now we have to use the plugin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah sorry – yes i forget that i always have the latest plugin installed and 5.3 hasn’t landed.
    Glad you got it resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.