[Resolved] Gutenberg and GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Gutenberg and GP

Home Forums Support Gutenberg and GP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

I’m getting ready to start a blog style blog and am not super experienced with WordPress. I know some of the basics and now I think I have an okay grasp on how WordPress works which is to say that there are less things that are confusing to me now.

My question is this. If I’m starting a blog today and I want to use GeneratePress premium with the Gutenberg editor, are they a good match together? I can see that there are quite a few posts here. If I use Gutenberg and GP Premium together, will I need fix anything in order for it to work properly? I don’t need the latest and greatest capabilities, I just want it the installation to be as reliable and maintenance free as possible while gaining the benefits of using using GP’s clean coding, schema, etc.

Is it better to use Gutenberg with just the GP free theme but not the Premium plugin?

Or is it better to install GP Premium with the classic editor instead? And if I go this route, is there any chance that something will get messed up in the future when I update the WordPress core files, when Gutenberg becomes the norm?

Is the Gutenberg editor a competitor to the Premium GP plugin or do they work together?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP Premium and Gutenberg do two separate things. GPP controls the Theme layout and styles. Gutenberg is a content editor. So yes you would want to use both.

Gutenberg is still a way off from a finished product. So although plenty of GP users are currently using it there are updates and bug fixes still ongoing. Personally if you are new to WordPress i would spend a little time learning the nuances of WordPress and how GP works before jumping straight into gutenberg.

Lylliana

So I’m starting a new site, still ok to use GP even if Gutenb will be rolling out soon?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes, GP and Gutenberg will work fine together. Gutenberg also provides the choice to keep the classic editor if you want to avoid changing the way the site operates.

Charles

FYI I just tried activating Gutenberg and it doesn’t work for me with GP Premium. When I go to edit a current page I get a blank screen.

Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Charles,

if you want to raise a new Topic we can help you bug test.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.