[Support request] Grid columns

Home Forums Support [Support request] Grid columns

Home Forums Support Grid columns

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Guy-Paul

Installed but doesn’t work nor does WP Easy columns

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

WP Easy Columns hasn’t be updated for 5 years, so i don’t find that surprising.
    Which Grid Columns plugin is it? And are you using this in the classic WP editor?

Guy-Paul

The plugin from Tom Usbourne. It is installed but I can’t see any way to generate the shortcodesThanks for replying so quickly

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using the Classic Editor ? If so you should see the little grid icon in the TinyMCE toolbar. Let me know.

The FAQ on the wordpress.org also shows a way without using TinyMCE by writing the shortcodes by hand:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

Guy-Paul

What is the claasic editor?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The old looking WP Editor… as opposed to the new Gutenberg Block Editor.

Guy-Paul

Sorry mate. You have lost me. I am using the same old GP and I haven’t installed Gutenberg, wahtever that is. I can’t the plug in to work, so I have binned it. I will just have to code it by hand. Thanks anyway

Guy-Paul

Passed on froma friend of mine:

BTW: There is a bug in the current version of the GP Premium plugin, which stops you being able to see any plugin icons (like columns) on the editing bar when using ‘Sections’. I flagged it to Tom about a month ago and he sent me a temporary fix (attached). This will be remedied in version 1.8 coming soon.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, thats correct, sorry i should have asked if you were using GP Sections.

Guy-Paul

Yes, I am having a lot of issues. On the sites where the old versions are syill in place it seems to be working. I have managed to cobble together a creaky Easy Columns, adding CSS by hand

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Sections issue started in WP 5.0 with the new editor they implemented.

It will be fixed in GPP 1.8. Glad you have the patched version for now 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.