[Resolved] GPP 1.7 New Page Hero Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GPP 1.7 New Page Hero Issue

Home Forums Support GPP 1.7 New Page Hero Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi,
    I was looking to start migrating my Page Headers to the new Elements Page Hero section and have noticed an issue. The site merge option doesn’t seem to be working. The page hero image and content displays but my logo and navigation are not displaying even though I’ve setup these in the ‘Site Header’ settings.

I’ve published a test post so you can see the issue first hand.

Any help much appreciated.

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.7.1
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, this CSS in your child theme style sheet is hiding it:

.site-header {
        display: none;
    }
    Andy

Thanks for the quick response David. I think I must have added that because it was pushing the logo and navigation down. I’ve removed the CSS now and it’s displaying the logo and nav on the test post now but the logo is right instead of left aligned?

Also, on all other pages/posts using the old page header the logo and nav are too low down even though I’ve reduced the top header padding to 0 in the customizer.

Andy

ok I’ve fixed the issue with the header being too low on the other pages by also reducing the bottom header padding to 0 in the customizer.

Just need help getting the logo back on the left side when using the new Elements Page Header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check the Navigation location in both the customiser and the page hero? The CSS is saying they are set to Float Right. Let me know.

Andy

Yes they are both set to float right as they are on the rest of the site but with the old page headers the logo is always floated left.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What is the Header Alignment set to in the Customiser?

Andy

Header alignment is set to Left, Primary Navigation alignment set to Right.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a screen shot of the Element Hero and Site Header screens?

EDIT: I notice you also have Litespeed Optimization on which is punching all the CSS into the head of the site, can this be disabled? Just to see if it is causing an issue.

Andy

Hi David,

I’ve disabled ‘Load CSS Asynchronously’ and ‘Generate Critical CSS’ options in Litespeed and purged all cache which hasn’t solved the issue but might make it easier for you to debug.

Screenshots below:
    Element Hero – https://prnt.sc/kkuflf
    Element Site Header – https://prnt.sc/kkufqv

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you change the Elements > Site Header Navigation Location to default.

Andy

ok thats fixed it now thanks!. So it appears you don’t need to specify a location when it’s already set in the customizer. Although I think thats a little confusing, because whats the difference between float right in elements and in the customizer.

Also I noticed the padding figures, although the same as the legacy page headers, the hero image is definitely taller, so I will have to reduce those figures to try and match the old heights.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome. It always something simple. Yes, you only need to set the nav location if it differs from the standard nav. Glad we got there 🙂

Andy

Thanks again for your help David. It’s a shame the Hero padding fields don’t support partial figures because looking at the CSS I need to change the figures from 18% to 14.3% to get their heights to match as they were in the legacy page headers. I guess I can use the new Element classes field and apply the CSS to all headers with that class.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. One thing to note – the old Page Headers had an Add Padding checkbox – with this checked it added the site container padding set in to the customiser, so your old pageheaders have an additional 30px top and bottom. You could target the .inside-page-hero selector to make that adjustment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.