[Resolved] GPP 1.6 Beta 1: worst "optimization" for mobile on Google pagespeed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GPP 1.6 Beta 1: worst "optimization" for mobile on Google pagespeed

Home Forums Support GPP 1.6 Beta 1: worst "optimization" for mobile on Google pagespeed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Enrico

I have installed GPP 1.6 Beta 1 on a simple site. No problem yet.

I only noticed that Google pagespeed insight, on mobile, it’s showing worst “optimization” then in the current GPP 1.5.6. With GPP 1.6 Google pagespeed insights it is about 7 point down form what it was with GPP 1.5.6.

On desktop it is the same value in GPP 1.6 and GPP 1.5.6. The site use sections.

This is not a problem and is not a performance mesure. I am wondering if you also notice this difference on mobile “optimization”.

If it is a general “issue” for all the sites with GPP 1.6, it could be worth to evaluate the possible cause.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would have to see a comparison between the two scores to know what’s going on there.

GPP 1.6 is mainly bug fixes along with the new GP Sites module. Barely anything new on the front end at all.

Enrico

Since you did not notice this drop on your side, I think it is not worth to further investigate it now.

When it will be released GPP 1.6, I will compare and print the pagespeed of the other sites with 1.5.6 and 1.6.

I have not printed the page speed, of the site I upgraded to 1.6, when it was with 1.5.6. I only remember the scores.

I made this test to see how Flexbox and “vanilla javascript library” in GPP 1.6 was impacting pagespeed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Flexbox for the mobile header reduced overall CSS.

The slideout navigation using vanilla JS means it doesn’t require the jQuery library to load. However, if you’re using it elsewhere, it will still load.

Enrico

Hi Tom,
    I tested GPP 1.6 beta 2, on the same site, and now Google pagespeed on mobile is almost the same value then it was on 1.5.6.

I think you have done some code optimization or you disabled something in GPP 1.6 beta 2 and Google liked it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nothing on the front end changed – most of the changes were in the Dashboard. It’s likely just Google Pagespeed or your server being inconsistent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.