[Resolved] GP sections and LW column or Gutenberg Blocks and third party plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP sections and LW column or Gutenberg Blocks and third party plugin

Home Forums Support GP sections and LW column or Gutenberg Blocks and third party plugin

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nikola

Hello Tom,

I am using the GP for a couple of years and now I have a dilemma, I am creating a new website for the client and what is the best combo to use for creating the website, GP sections and LW columns like before or Gutenberg Blocks and third-party plugin because Gutenberg does not have an option for rows which is very important for me, and also GP does not have an option which is compatible with Gutenberg blocks.

I saw that you preparing Sections Blocks which can deal with this problem, but what is the best option for now and how i can make an easy transition when you make a stable and functional Sections Blocks?

I don’t want to come in the situation that i need to redesign the website from scratch or to lose content. Where to start and which option do you suggest?

Also, the primary reason which i choose GP in the start is the lightweight theme and possibility to customize everything, how Gutenberg can impact on GP in this area?

Thank you in advance.

Nikola

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if Rows are an important factor for your build then at this present time i would suggest using Sections and a Columns plugin.

The GP Section Block works brilliantly. The issue is not with this Block, but a bug we found in Gutenberg whilst Tom was developing the block. This bug effects all 3rd party container blocks.

If you add content to one of these containers, and then have to disable or remove the plugin creating it then you cannot simply edit or retrieve the content within. And there is a high risk that content would be lost if you convert the block.

Once the bug is resolved we will be releasing the Section Block.

I have not noticed any performance impact between a gutenberg and classic editor site. It adds a little more front-end CSS for sure but nothing major. I really like the clean front end HTML that most of the core blocks output. I can’t say the same for most 3rd party plugins though.

Nikola

Ok, to conclude, if I use for now GP sections and Lightweight column, I can make an easy transition to GP Sections blocks when is released?

And, how to resolve the problem with Lightweight column inside of GP sections, because i don’t see the shortcut on the toolbar?

Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Theres no magic button to convert Sections to Section Blocks. You would have to disable Sections which would output just the HTML and then convert those elements over to Blocks.

If you update to GP Premium 1.8 which is available as release candidate for download from Account > Downloads on this site, then the missing button will appear.

Nikola

Ok, thank you David.

Regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.