[Resolved] GP Premium Update Crashed My Site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium Update Crashed My Site

Home Forums Support GP Premium Update Crashed My Site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Valen

Hi, I got a notice tonight to update my plugin from you. (I’m using the Premium beta version) As soon as I did, I can no longer access my WP dashboard. Instead, I get this message:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home/content/68/10171568/html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/activation.php on line 353

I’m afraid to delete the plugin as I don’t want to lose everything I’ve done for the site.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for reporting this.

The easiest fix is to call your hosting and get them to update your PHP version to at least 5.6. You’re running a very old PHP version which is no longer secure.

I’ll get this fixed in the next beta regardless.

Thanks again!

Valen

Is there another way to fix this? The hold time is over an hour tonight, so I don’t have time that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The other way would be to upload the GP Premium 1.5.6 files (downloaded in your account) to the wp-content/plugins/gp-premium folder.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Glad it came up in a beta version, and also glad that you’ll be updating your server – PHP 5.3 is very old and vulnerable to hackers.

You won’t lose any of your settings by replacing the current files with the 1.5.6 files.

Valen

Thank you so much! It’s probably good that it happened, so you could point this out to me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Your website will be much faster if they update you to PHP 7 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.