[Support request] GP Premium Menu Plus Module Conflicts with Autoptimize Image Lazy Load

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium Menu Plus Module Conflicts with Autoptimize Image Lazy Load

Home Forums Support GP Premium Menu Plus Module Conflicts with Autoptimize Image Lazy Load

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    donny.wahyudi

Dear Tom and Our Beloved Generatepress Team,

I think this is my first post after few years using GP. Thank you for the awesome works, I never had any kind of problem using it, however this time, I really need to ask something.

Recently, I was trying to find out why autoptimize image lazyload function isn’t working as it should.

Autoptimize is a wordpress plugin, you can find it here. It has an image lazyload function, it works by replacing “src” attribute value with an svg image as explained at this page : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lazy-load-placeholders/

Whenever visitor scrolls down the page until the image is in the viewport, the src attribute value will be replaced with the actual image link. I believe this is a good implementation, visitor will not lose their bandwidth since their browser only loads what they can see.

Until someday, I realized that all images below the viewport are all loaded to the browser. Then, I debug my site, disabling, enabling plugins and themes, and I found out that the GP Premium “Menu Plus” module is the cause.

Whenever it’s enabled, the src attribute value almost instantly replaced from svg to the actual image link. Even before the images is on the viewport.

You can replicate the problem by installing GP Premium and Autoptimize. Enable “Menu Plus” in GP Premium, then enable the Image Lazy Load function in autoptimize setting, you can find it on the “Image” tab.

Right now I’m still using the Menu Plus, since it looks so good and so simple to setup. However I’m wishing we can have a solution for the problem above.

Warm Regards,
    Donny

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear your enjoying the theme and GP Premium 🙂

I have tried to replicate the issue here, its a straight import of the Dispatch Site, with only the Lazy load option in Autoptimize enabled:

https://mic.assemblewp.com/?page_id=1061

Are there any particular settings you have applied that i can replicate?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.