[Support request] GP Premium – CSS-Editor – Elementor

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium – CSS-Editor – Elementor

Home Forums Support GP Premium – CSS-Editor – Elementor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clemens

Hi there,

I have a basic question concerning the collaboration between GP Premium, Elementor and another visual CSS-Editor.

(1) GP stores its changes inline the theme, so there is some css-code
    (2) In the wordpress backend, it ist possible to write ‘additional css’
    (3) With a visual css-editor like ‘Yellow pencil’ you are able to customize a lot of things
    (4) Whith Elementor, you are able to build every page individualy.

My problem: I suggest the different css-elements are overlaying /overriding – and after a while I will no longer be able to know what is the css-element that has the direct impact on the actual style.

ad (3) I bought for example ‘Yellow pencil’ for to make the the navigation menu more specific (other fonts nd sizes). But as I notices, some of them override the settings in the wordpress customizer.
    ad (4) It seems to be nearly impossible to build the pages without a pagebuilder. Elementor itself has a varitiy of possible setting, but I don’t know how they change (and if so, in what manner) other settings.

As a non-coder and non-webdesigner I see the problem that I add to much by Plugins. I’d like to have a ‘guidline’ how to combine the things in a good manner.

Thanks of your help,
    Clemens

GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can actually use Additional CSS area in the customizer. It’s the CSS editor from WordPress:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/#additional-css

In the same article, we also suggest Simple CSS which is built by Tom. The article explains the benefits.

The extra CSS you added always loads at the end so it overwrites the customizer setting as that’s what they are supposed to do.

Page builder is definitely not required but but non-coder it’s definitely a good option (hugely depends on what you are trying to achieve as well)

There isn’t a best guideline on how to combine things. Basically don’t activate anything you are not using.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Clemens

Hi there,

thanks for your answer, but it doesn’t really help. You must know that I am not familiarised with CSS at all. So for changes to make I need a visual css-editor.

And I remember that somewhere Tom wrote that a plugin is the only method to save customizations after having changed the template. If there is a possibility to save some specific files, that would help. But as far as I understood, changes in css were directly written in the source code of the site.

When I started I didn’nt know that for some purposes (as a non-coder!) I needed a visual css-plugin. And when I started writing content I realised that for many purposes (actually for ex. to make a table of 3 rows readable on small screen – it doesn_t work with the column-feature of wordpress).

At least, I do not want the it overrides settings made with the customizer. But obviously it is not possible for the css-editor only to save the changes that go behind the changes made by the customizer of the theme.

I am a little bit lost ‘in paradise’
    Thx for your assistance,
    Clemens

Clemens

….that for many purposes (..) I need a pagebuilder..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Plugin is definitely not the only method for adding CSS.

Have you tried Additional CSS as suggested above?

The CSS added in there should reflect on the customizer preview right away.

You definitely don’t want to add code directly to the core files.

If you aren’t comfortable with CSS at all, then using page builder might be the best option – theoretically it should replace the need of writing your own CSS.

Clemens

Thanks, Leo,
    but as I am not at all able to write css-code nor Additional css neighter simple css made by Tom do help.
    Clemens

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Definitely let us know if you have any specific CSS questions you need help with ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.