[Support request] GP Premium + ACF + Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium + ACF + Elementor Pro

Home Forums Support GP Premium + ACF + Elementor Pro

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RIPUDAMAN

I’ve had an issue with Elementor Pro and ACF regarding ACF fields in templates (this is long winded, but I just want to be as detailed as possible).

There have been a number of emails between Elementor support and myself, up to the point where they suggested I contact ACF.

I felt Elementor support was being total rubbish, and I wrote a hefty email in return (no swearing, I swear).

Here is (part of) the response from Elementor:

“I have played with the settings in ACF fields, have changed so it is should be filled up on the Home page instead of Footer, then re-created a footer from the scratch, and added a custom header as well. So far it doesn’t change anything really, but then I have deactivated the GP Premium plugin and I see that everything works as expected.”

(PS, Just renewed my subscription to GP Premium, great work that you do).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What exactly was the initial error you were noticing?

What happens if you turn off all the GPP modules? (Appearance > GeneratePress)

Does the issue go away? What if you start activating them one by one? Does it break again after a specific module is activated?

RIPUDAMAN

Hi Tom,

Initially I tried to create a footer template with a couple of ACF fields in Elementor. In GP – Diable Elements – I had footer disabled and used the shortcode of the template in GP Hooks.

Any static parts of the footer showed up fine, but not the ACF fields. I went through the GPP modules and traced the issue down to the footer being disabled. However, this shouldn’t effect the ACF fields when hooking in the shortcode.

I hope this helps. I can provide a site login if you wish.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So just to confirm:

1. You created a footer in Elementor, and included ACF fields inside the footer.

2. Then you added this footer to GP using Hooks and a shortcode. However, this prevents the ACF fields from appearing.

Is that correct?

RIPUDAMAN

That is correct.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll give it some testing and will get back to you 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi There,

couple of questions:

1. The ACF field in the content is working with the footer disabled?
    2. If yes to 1 what happens if you hook the ‘footer template’ in the After Content Hook?

RIPUDAMAN

1. Yes.
    2. It’s hooked in as opposed to using the Elementor template conditions.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So can you can change the Hook from Footer to the After Content Hook? Let me know

RIPUDAMAN

Hi David, sorry for the delay. I have tried this too but no joy.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be that Elementor is parsing the ACF fields only when the template is hooked in using their system.

GP itself isn’t aware of ACF, so there’s no parsing of fields when a template is added through Hooks.

RIPUDAMAN

I’ve just had a chance to play a little more this afternoon. It seems that Elementor support moved the fields I had created from the template to the page.

I tried both via GP Hooks and the Elementor system. Still no joy. I may throw this back to Elementor support.

Many thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.