[Resolved] gp on multisite customizer throwing uncaught typeerror

Home Forums Support [Resolved] gp on multisite customizer throwing uncaught typeerror

Home Forums Support gp on multisite customizer throwing uncaught typeerror

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I am using generatepress on a multisite and it is working perfectly fine with all subsites but the primary one.
    When I open customizer on primary site, I am getting this error:

uncaught typeerror cannot read property ‘href’ of null at https://<site-address>/?customize_changeset_uuid=<uuid>&customize_theme=generatepress&customize_messenger_channel=preview-0

Now when I change something and want to save my changes, I am getting a message stating that I need to have higher permissions for this function and it is not saving anything. – I am using customizer as super-administrator of this site – ??

Please help me fix this problem.
    Thanks.
    Michael

Michael

looks like I got over the first part of the problem.
    I had dabbled with a PWA plugin and chrome had stored local data and tried to access the service worker – which was gone after I had deactivated the PWA plugin.. So I had to manually delete the local cache and unregister the service worker for my site in the Chrome Developer Tools in the Application tab.

Now I am still stuck with this error when trying to save my site in customizer:
    You need a higher level of permission.
    Sorry, you are not allowed to customise this site.

And I am getting a 403 for admin-ajax.php

Michael

Got it fixed now.
    The 403 was obviously the result of a nonce mixup with different login information for my subsites held in the local browser cache in Chrome.
    Had to manually clear out everything under the Application tab in Chrome Dev Tools, log out of the site and log back in.
    Now everything is fine again, I got my permissions back πŸ™‚
    and customizer is working…
    πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad You got this sorted πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.