[Support request] GP + MELLOW / Image control of the header through Elements

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP + MELLOW / Image control of the header through Elements

Home Forums Support GP + MELLOW / Image control of the header through Elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephane

Hello Support,

I work with GP + MELLOW and wanna control the pic in the header of all the POST of the category “Haus der Weißen Herren” in creating a new element in the Design Section named “HdWH POSTS HERO”. Under the element “Site Hero” I made a passing exclusion of that category.

I managed to control the pictures of the headers on the archive pagse of the categories “Radio” (Element RADIO HERO), “Haus der Weißen Herren” (Element HdWH HERO) or “Andere Arbeiten” (Element A-ARBEITEN HERO).

But my last attempt to assign a same picture to all posts from the category “Haus der Weißen Herren” didn’t work and I don’t unterstand why. Do you see any error structuration of my data?

Thanks in advance for your help, Stéphane

PS: login data unter URL as the website is in Maintenance Mode

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So if you want to exclude Posts of that category then you would do this:
    Display Rules > Exclude > Post Category –> Haus der Weißen Herren

And then create a new header element with the display rules:
    Display Rules > Location > Post Category –> Haus der Weißen Herren

let me know if i have interpreted that correctly 🙂

Stephane

Hello David,

This is exactly what I did 🙂

1. creating “HdWH POSTS HERO” for diplaying the same header in all post of category “Haus der Weißen Herren”

2. in the element “Site Hero” excluding this category.

But the header in the post of category “Haus der Weißen Herren” stay empty (grey) and don’t display the Custom Image (hulk pic of GP).

First I thought that I should put away “All Posts” from “Site Hero”‘s exclusions (Display Rules > Exclude > Posts –> Haus All Posts) but it hadn’t any consequence.

Have a look in the backend to check my explanations.

Thanks for your help, Stéphane

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK – so its the Posts Hero that you have set to All Posts. This would also need exclusions 🙂 I have saved this a Draft ( which is the way to disable them ) to show it now works.

I would relook at your headers hierachy, and avoid the Entire Site rule on any of them. Create ones for specific pages / posts / indexes / templates instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.