[Resolved] GP Elements Site Header + Elementor Section tab inaccessible for editing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Elements Site Header + Elementor Section tab inaccessible for editing

Home Forums Support GP Elements Site Header + Elementor Section tab inaccessible for editing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

I am getting a strange error.

I am using the GP Elements SIte Header section to merge a navigation menu, logo and site tagline onto my front page. The logo is loaded in the GP Elements Site Header. I have a background image that I loaded through Elementor in full width (cf. canvas); I did not load the background image through GP Elements . The log, site tagline and navigation menu show up right on top on the background image just as I want them.

The problem: When I activate the GP Site Header with a display rule for the front page, the upper Elementor section tab disappears and can not be edited. However, lower down on the page, I am still able to access other Elementor section tabs and edit them.

This problem stops when I delete the front page display rule in the GP Elements Site Header.

I’ve tried changing the top margins but whenever the GP Site Header is on, the top Elementor section tabs disappear (. Whenever it is turned off the Elementor section tabs reappear and can be edited,

Thanks for helping,

Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange. What happens when you add this CSS to your site?:

.elementor-editor-active .header-wrap {
        pointer-events: none;
    }

Let me know 🙂

Joe

Hi Tom,

Happy holidays.

I dropped your CSS into Simple CSS and it makes it work!

Here is the full content in my Simple CSS:

@media
    (min-width:869px) {
    .site-branding {
    display: inline-block;
    padding-top: 15px;
    }

.site-logo {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 100px;
    }
    }

.navigation-search.nav-search-active {
    max-width: 250px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: 60px;
    }

.woocommerce .related ul.products li.product,
    .woocommerce .up-sells ul.products li.product {
    text-align: center;
    }

.elementor-editor-active .header-wrap {
    pointer-events: none;

What was the problem and how did your fix clear it up? Anything else to know?

Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it worked.

Basically, the merged header is sitting on top of the Elementor controls making it so the hover actions don’t initiate. I’ll look into adding a fix for this in the plugin.

Thanks!

Joe

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.