[Resolved] GP Blog Settings Override Elementor's 4 Author / Contributer Role Only Not Admin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Blog Settings Override Elementor's 4 Author / Contributer Role Only Not Admin

Home Forums Support GP Blog Settings Override Elementor's 4 Author / Contributer Role Only Not Admin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jimmy

Hello, I’ve recently created a Single Post Template using Elementor to style all my Blog Posts and using it in conjunction with ACF for custom fields.

I have enabled in Appearance > GeneratePress the following:

– Blog
    – Colors
    – Copywright
    – Disable Elements
    – Hooks
    – Menu Plus
    – Typography

When I create a post when I’m the user (Adminstrator), I have the following options / settings:

– Post Attributes (Default Template)
    – Layout (Sidebars) – Content (no sidebars)
    – Layout (Footer Widgets) – 0 widgets
    – Layout (Disable Elements) (checked the following – Top Bar, Header, Featured Image / Page Header, Content Title, Footer)
    – Layout (Page Builder Container) – Full Width

When the post is published – see link : everything is fine, meaning the menu is aligned with the top of the screen, the picture is and other elements I’ve created in Elementor go edge to edge on the screen.

https://www.jeffjinkslaw.com/real-estate/less-until-proven-more-2/

When I create a post when I’m the user (Author or Contributor), I have the following options / settings:

– Post Attributes (Default Template)
    All the settings for Layout disappear.

When the post is published – see link : the menu is pushed DOWN alot, meaning the menu is not aligned with the top of the screen, all the other elements created in Elementor are pushed into the center of the page.

https://www.jeffjinkslaw.com/uncategorized/test-post/

My question is why can’t I get the same result as an Author or Contributor that I can with an Admin. I’ve already talked at length with Elementor and they say the result with Author / Contributor posts are because of my theme. Please help and the best way to show the problem would be through screenshots.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

User Role permissions are set by WordPress (not the theme). Author’s and Contributors are locked out of things such as Theme Settings which removes the Metaboxes (as well as access to any other theme options).

Do you want to apply the same layout to all Posts? If so we can probably set that to be the standard so no need to have the metabox exposed. Or muck about with User Permissions.

Jimmy

Hello,

Forgive my ignorance about Metaboxes, not sure what you mean here. Yes I want all posts to follow what I’ve created in Elementor for all User Roles so on both links they are the same as they are for Admins. What are the next steps?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi, the metaboxes are all those areas where you can add the extra settings, such as the Layout.

Looking at the site, are those settings being used globally across the site? Not just posts? If so we can make those changes for the entire site, through the customiser and with a little bit of code. Let me know

Jimmy

Hello David,

I understand.

I have different Single Post Templates for different categories set up through Elementor but want all my Posts to look the same for any role.

What do we do next in the Customizer?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jimmy,

right we can make these site wide changes in the customiser.

Layout > Sidebars – you can set all three of the Layouts to Content (no sidebars)
    Layout > Footer > Footer Widgets – Set this to zero
    Layout > Blog > Featured Images > Posts > Uncheck Display Featured Images (you can also apply this to Pages)
    The Top Bar will only appear if there is a widget in this so, that we can leave alone.

Now the rest will require a little bit of code. The first is a PHP Snippet which removes the Title and Header and can be added using the Code Snippets plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Just add the code and Save and Activate (leave rest of settings alone)

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'tu_global_disable_elements' );
    function tu_global_disable_elements() {
      add_filter( 'generate_show_title', '__return_false' );
      remove_action( 'generate_header','generate_construct_header' ); 
    }

Now the last couple of pieces can be done with CSS added to the Customiser > Additional CSS:

.single .container.grid-container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
    .site-footer {
        display: none;
    }
    Jimmy

Wow, that did the trick! David you are the man, thanks again for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.