[Resolved] GP Beta Element Hooks Bug? Top Margin Issue?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Beta Element Hooks Bug? Top Margin Issue?

Home Forums Support GP Beta Element Hooks Bug? Top Margin Issue?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Hello,

So I decided to take the dive as advised and try the new Elements GP Premium plugin for my next hook. I have encountered an issue that was not present on any of my other hooks:

The top margin seems to be ignored for some reason. I have copied this header from my other one’s so it’s essentially the same as the working one’s (see /test-post). I tried re-making the header, adding a return, and I tried re-making the hook. Note: If I try increasing the top margin to 40, then there is a white block above the header.

It’s funny because if I put at in wp-header at the very top of the page the margins bug isn’t there.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is there a specific page I should be looking at?

The linked page is using BB again as I advised here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/main-navigation-different-under-category-archives/#post-634982

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek

Hi!

It’s the one I posted in “Your website URL.” /category/uncategorized/

The other thread was in regard to the black Main Menu, and I’ve contacted BB about that. This thread is in regard to the red header. I’ve used this header on all of my pages using GP Hooks without issue, but when I used the new GP Elements, for some reason the formatting is bugged.

I haven’t use BB at all in regard to any Main menu edits so I don’t know why that page is bugged, I don’t think it has anything to do with the header issue, but who knows…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The red header that says uncategorized?

That’s also from BB:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/6yPeMm66LVfk

Let me know what I’m missing.

Derek

Yes the “uncategorized” one. It’s made with BB but so are all the other headers, and this is the only one I’m having an issue with. I added all the other headers with the legacy GP hooks plugin, but this particular one was done with the new element plugin. It’s the only thing I can think of that I did differently because the headers are basically just copy and paste then changing text. Is there something different in the element plugin that could cause the top margin of that “uncategorized” header to ignore the top margin?

As I understand it I can’t test this using the old GP hooks plugin now that I’ve switched?

FYI: I’ve disabled UABB for beaver builder (that was causing the other page bug), and this issue still remains.

Derek

Update: Soooo… I’ve tried removing the hook and redoing the hook in elements, and now it will not show up at all. Sigh… lol.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Where is the top margin added? Can you show me a page that’s working correctly?

Currently the BB code is showing but the content is not so that’s likely the problem on the BB end.

Derek

I added the top margin via Beaver Builder, it’s copied from the working pages below.

/blog & /test-post are both working correctly using the exact same format. I’m going to try a few more things then report back.

Thanks

Derek

Here is what’s happening with the bugged page /category/uncategorized/ :

View post on imgur.com

Here is example of the same thing, but where it’s working using the legacy hooks :

View post on imgur.com

Keep in mind that the format for the header in the first picture was copied by “save as” via the header in the 2nd picture. The formatting is exactly the same, but with different text. The only real difference is that the header in the first picture thats bugged was done via the new element hooks, and also that its on the categories page. Note: the reason the header didn’t show up before when you checked was because I had UABB disabled (to solve my other thread about the rouge categories menu style). I had to re-enable it as I didn’t realise I was using some of the features. Regardless, it’s working on all my other pages, just not the one I created with the elements plugin, not sure if it’s related, but it could be a bug with how UABB is working with the categories pages.

I guess I could try to fix this by adding a margin via css, and trying to hide that menu style with css, until I can find a better solution. Unless you can tell by these pictures that its something GP is doing. I will contact UABB about this too.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

On the /blog page, the BB element is actually inside the content area.

On the problem page, the BB element is directly below the navigation, and above the content element. Which hook are you hooking it into?

Derek

Oh! Well isn’t that interesting then…because both the legacy and element are both “after header” hooks. Why then would they be in different places? To me “after header” would be directly below the navigation…like how elements is doing it, so maybe the legacy hooks plugin is actually to blame and I need to chance the elements to whatever hook puts content inside the content area… Any idea what hook that would be so I can try it?

I’ve tried a few different hook areas but the margin issue problem still exists. I’ve doubled the top margin of the categories page to 40 pix to compensate and match the other headers so you can see the white space.

If I put it in wp-head it looks correct, no top margin issue, but I want it under the menu lol.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you checked whether any of your BB modules have a top margin? I’m seeing 40px of top margin here: https://www.screencast.com/t/VqiFcXTmOC

Derek

Tom hi!

Sooo… after talking with both BB & UABB, according to them: the issue was on how the legacy hooks were causing the main css to not load. Like I did with the legacy page header issue with my main menu, I migrated the hook to elements and BINGO! It’s fixed!

Whatever you did in the new elements plugin fixed all my problems. I hope this helps somehow…like if anyone is having issues, first try migrating.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear, Derek! Sorry for all the confusion ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.