[Resolved] gp and woocommerce

Home Forums Support gp and woocommerce

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

hi there,

… o.k. title should more be like ‘gp with elementor and woocommerce’ … maybe?

i am on the way of setting up gp with woo as a catalog (shopfunctions disabled) and sometimes the setup gives me strange results… from whats my undestanding so far, most of the ‘glitches’ have their origin by woo itself and are hard to overcome or not at all. e.g the appearance of the products grid view or that annoying woo breakpoint for mobile at 768px – which should be rather 767px (if someone knows a way to change it, i would be very thankful). anyway.
    ive maneuvred around the majority of them mostly with the help of gp and elementor.

but currently i’m wondering how deep gp might dig into woocommerce as some things i cannot get to work at all.
    maybe they’re not related to gp at all, but nevertheless i dare to ask 🙂

1. restrict the search via nav or searchfield only to woo products! tried various php insertions and absolutely nothing seems to work – e.g. pages are always shown, no matter what! i think i got this to work before without woo …
    is there something special to look at?

2. preventing woo scripts to load for normal pages and content that isnt related to woo… same thing – nothing works. ??

anyone experienced alike behaviours? maybe theres someone who can give clearance. i am running out of ideas.

big thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    dasigna

hi tom,

thanks for your reply.

1. yes – it might, or better: should? but unfortunately both of them dont seem to work although they’re in functions.php …thats what dazzles me.
    neither they nor other snipples do aplly to the functions, whats the reason i’ve asked.

2. looking good – will try that out. but again same as to 1. – had been trying various code snipplets which didnt apply … both seems really weird to me.

so in case you might take a quick look for yourself i’ll edit the url field here or send you an email for credentials.

thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing this filter implemented on the site. Did you remove it? If so, can you re-add it?

dasigna

hmmm …

its in functions.php – where did you have a look? you should see it in theme editor …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t have access to your site, but I can tell by looking at the HTML whether the filter is active or not.

Just to confirm, this function is in your functions.php file in your child theme?:

add_filter( 'generate_navigation_search_output', function() {
        printf(  
            '<form method="get" class="search-form navigation-search" action="%1$s">
                <input type="search" class="search-field" value="%2$s" name="s" title="%3$s" />
                <input type="hidden" name="post_type" value="product" />
            </form>', 
            esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ), 
            esc_attr( get_search_query() ),   
            esc_attr_x( 'Search', 'label', 'generatepress' ) 
        ); 
    } );
    dasigna

… thought i had put the credentials into the hidden field along with url – maybe it didnt work.
    will send them again via email. otherwise its getting too complicated i fear 🙂

yes – the code is within child theme functions.php.
    and i dont see any reason why it shouldnt work – but it does not. obviously. and to me as well there are no signs of it within html …
    same for php for placeholder.

???

let me know if you need some more information.

dasigna

pity me.
    this is/was no error caused by GP neither woocommerce or elementor. it was simply me who left some rubbish little line of code in functions.php that shouldnt be there.
    although it took hours to find out it finally took place and i found it.

so absolutely sorry for this!
    of course it wasnt GP. even not woocommerce. it was myself who didnt take good care. sorry.

so no sweets for me after dinner today and big thanks again to tom for time and patience.
    the sweets are yours. … or rather some coffee maybe 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad you found the issue 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.