GP Addons – More Queries

Home Forums Support GP Addons – More Queries

Home Forums Support GP Addons – More Queries

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zoey

I’m thinking to change all (YES. All) my blogs GP. I’ve to admit that GP is a really nice theme. But one thing I’m hesitate to switch to GP is – when I activate premium addons, it causes more queries.

Took screenshots to look at those.

1. Just on GP theme – 22 queries
    http://prntscr.com/6wi3n9

2. After activating GP Premium plugin – 35 queries
    http://prntscr.com/6wi4gh

3. After activating addons from GP Premium plugin – 64 queries
    http://prntscr.com/6wi5ne

I test it on fresh installed WordPress. No other plugins installed – just GP Premium plugin. So should I worry those lots of queries calling?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Definitely nothing to worry about – when you add more functions to a website, more queries will be called – just the way WordPress works.

Of course, this is why we offer all of the add-ons separately, so you can choose to only have the ones you need activated, and can leave the ones you don’t need deactivated.

I’ll take a look and make sure there aren’t any unnecessary queries being made, but I definitely wouldn’t worry about it ๐Ÿ™‚

Zoey

Hi Tom

But, I’m worrying about my websites’ rankings. They seem OK in Google’s eyes for quite a long time. Frankly, I mainly use the themes from MyThemeShop, Thesis and Genesis. I purchased GP Premium (I think) three months ago ’cause I really (REALLY) like your approach when developing GP.

Here’s one more thing. I have two WooCommerce sites which are running on MTS theme. Both of them are relatively fast loading with 65 queries (around). I use (of course) WooCommerce, other three WooCommerce related plugins, Yoast SEO, WP Simple Related Posts, Autoptimize and Optin Forms plugin.

When testing with same plugins with few dummy data on GP, the queries calls are kinda jaw-dropping.

I read it somewhere (probably MOZ) that the less queries in your website, it’s better and easier to rank. By my experience (not as in theory), it’s true. Anyway, I will go with your words and let me try GP on one of my websites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

More queries doesn’t always mean longer load time. For example, each hook throughout the theme (generate_before_header, generate_after_header etc..) count as 1 query each. These are just hooks and are read and loaded in 0.0002 of a second.

I just ran a test using the Query Monitor plugin (which also adds queries).

GP Premium + GP + Query Monitor ran 54 queries, totally in 0.0234 load time (in seconds).

Certain pages will have more queries (the blog, for each blog post loaded), and some will have less (a regular static page).

Speed is a huge priority for me with GP, so I’m constantly monitoring queries and php memory to make sure everything is being done efficiently.

When it comes to speed, hosting should be your #1 priority. Fast hosting is incredibly important. With cheap hosting, even the best written scripts out there can perform slowly.

GP is definitely not perfect, but I’m constantly working on it and improving it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.