[Resolved] GP 2 Factor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP 2 Factor

Home Forums Support GP 2 Factor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

Hey Tom,

I’ve had GP 2 Factor setup ages ago and its been fine but today for some reason my authenticator codes are no longer working. I can use the backup codes but i’m fast running out of them and I cant seem to locate whereabouts in my account I go to get more backup codes and or reset the apps codes using another QR code to see if that fixes the code failure issue at login. I would have thought it should be within the Account link page. I cant see it anywhere. What am I missing ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Garth,

Our server is having trouble with 2FA for some reason. I’ve disabled it in your account for now.

Garth Dryland

Oh okay, thought I was loosing it hahaha

Cheers Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Same thing happened to me 🙂

Garth Dryland

lol

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

I noticed that you’re using iThemes to manage 2 factor which I believe is something new.

Something I’ve found with iThemes 2 factor is if you stage your sites the email option can fail. I think it’s probably due to caching but I’m not 100% sure. Just something to keep in mind if you stage your updates. Many people could have login issues. On my sites I use all the feature options IE email, mobile and backup codes.

What typically resolves the issue for me is using the mobile code first following any email fail post staging. Then if I log out I can use the email option to log back in an it works fine from there on out until the next staging.

I thought I would be able to opt into the mobile option within my GP account area and also update my backup codes however the options are not there? How do I update my backup codes and can I opt to use the mobile option?

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m actually trying to remove 2FA from all regular user accounts. It results in too many login issues unfortunately.

Garth Dryland

Oh, okay.

I figured this was the fix.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.