[Support request] GP 2.2.1 causing problems in WP Comments when Subtitles plugin is also active

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP 2.2.1 causing problems in WP Comments when Subtitles plugin is also active

Home Forums Support GP 2.2.1 causing problems in WP Comments when Subtitles plugin is also active

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie

Hi,

I just ran an update from GP 2.1.4 to 2.2.1.

GP 2.2.1, in combination with the Subtitles plugin, causes the intro line in the WP Comments area to go wonky. It appears to interpret it as raw text instead of HTML.

Example

https://shrinkwrap.blog/bells-theorem-blues-loneliness/
    (I have restored to GP 2.1.4 so you will not see the error live. It’s summarised below.)

The WP Comments intro line should say:

2 thoughts on “Bell’s Theorem Blues”

It displays correctly (as above) in any of these three states:

GP 2.1.4 active + Subtitles active

GP 2.2.1 active + Subtitles deactivated

GP 2.2.1 deactivated + Subtitles active

However, with GP 2.2.1 active + Subtitles active it displays this:

2 thoughts on “<span class=”entry-title-primary”>Bell’s Theorem Blues</span> <span class=”entry-subtitle”>If we’re all so connected baby, how come I feel so alone? *</span>”

Because subtitles are so important to me, and I would like to keep my GP (and GP Premium) up to date, please advise how this can be fixed.

My WP version is 4.9.9.

———————-

If relevant, when updating from GP 2.1.4 to 2.2.1 the following errors temporarily display, before apparently self-correcting/disappearing:

Warning: require(H:\root\home\graymatter-001\www\shrinkwrap1/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/element-classes.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in H:\root\home\graymatter-001\www\shrinkwrap1\wp-content\themes\generatepress\functions.php on line 73

Fatal error: Call to undefined function generate_do_microdata() in H:\root\home\graymatter-001\www\shrinkwrap1\wp-content\themes\generatepress\header.php on line 21

Many thanks,

Stephanie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those <span> elements shouldn’t be there by default: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.2.1/comments.php#L50

Does the subtitles plugin add HTML elements to the comments title? If so, is there a way to turn that off?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.