[Resolved] Google Mobile-Friendly Test

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Google Mobile-Friendly Test

Home Forums Support Google Mobile-Friendly Test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi,
    When putting the homepage of my site in the Google Mobile-Friendly Test it’s saying the page is not mobile friendly due to:
    ‘clickable elements too close together’ and ‘content wider than screen’.

The rendering shows that the mobile hamburger menu isn’t working which I believe is causing those errors. However, the mobile menu works fine on all mobile/tablet devices.
    There are also a list of other page loading issues listed as shown here: https://prnt.sc/jzzq3c
    I can only assume it’s something to do with the Litespeed Server Cacheing and plugin I use.

Would you mind taking a look to see if anything else could be causing this?.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andy, the mobile friendly test can be quite hit and miss, i ran the the test on your site, 3 out of 3 times it passed, and each time their was one less missing minified style sheet.

None of these tools are up to much but if you want a better report regarding accessibility then try using the Lighthouse Audit, its built into Chrome Dev Tools, just look for Audit in the console

Andy

Thanks David, I thought that maybe the case. I was trying to find out why my site wasn’t showing on any search results page for keywords like ‘Mountain Biking routes’ or ‘Mountain Biking’ and it was suggested I check things like the Mobile-friendly test as it doesn’t pass.
    However, as you mentioned, I just ran the test again and it passed. I have optimized SEO titles, Meta Descriptions and post content for SEO/Keywords and the site is only 12 days old so I hope it’s just a case of waiting a little longer for Google to rank me for these keywords.

Thanks for reminding me about the Lighthouse Audit, performance gets a score of 58 which I think is ok (although this varies each time I run the test as most speedtests do), not sure what else I can do to optimize this as I’m already using server cacheing and images have been compressed. SEO gets a score of 100 so I must be doing something right.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – i am sure with more time you will see more success.

Andy

Just an update to this which may help other users facing the same issue. In the Litespeed plugin I enabled the ‘Load CSS Asynchronously’ option and retested the site 8 times in a row and it passed everytime. Also, each time I tested it the number of files which failed to load reduced each time and now it shows ‘no loading issues’.

I believe most server cacheing and/or cacheing plugins have this option so it’s worth trying.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing Andy – the foibles of cache plugins 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.