[Resolved] google font as a local font, doesnt display same as customizer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] google font as a local font, doesnt display same as customizer

Home Forums Support google font as a local font, doesnt display same as customizer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

so i have followed the steps in the forums to add a google font locally twice. but it seems i have a problem somewhere…. i downloaded the font from the tool provided in the tutorial, i uploaded the font to the child theme in the fonts folder. i added the css and php code snippets everything looks good. in customizer i am able to choose the Oswald font i uploaded, in customizer view everything looks good. but when i leave customizer the font doesnt display. when i return to customizer the view is fine again but the theme reverted back to the google font even after multiple tries to save the local font.i have also turned off load google fonts in auto-optimize as i am using a local font. i cleared my cash and tried disabling all the plugins and no effect

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Where is the font used?

I’ve looked at a couple of places and am seeing Verdana for everything.

Anthony

Hi leo. Sorry about that. I recieved a notification from gtmetrix that my ite speed had changed. When i logged in to check what was going on gtmetrix was no longer able to finish the test. While trouble shooting i switched out the locally selected oswald fon that i added to the built in verdana font and my score was back up to ots regular 93%. So it seems i have some serious error somewhere. Also as i said no matter how many times i select oswald locally it always reverts back to the google font. In customizer it views fina and in realworld it doesnt seem o be the same.

I have switched back o the locally selected oswald font and cleared all my caches. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok just to make sure we are all good one this?

I’m seeing Oswald displayed correctly now:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/JvHyrujsv8

Anthony

here is a link with images, as you can see in the link the two images are not the same as i selected in cutomize,,, also cusomtize view still shows as google font selected not local font.

https://mrslothconsulting.com/719-2/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

When adding the local font, have you tried naming it something else? “Oswald Local” is probably a good choice – that way the option won’t get confused with the actual Google font.

Let me know 🙂

Anthony

thanks that solved the problem!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.