[Resolved] Google ads not working (AMP problem?)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Google ads not working (AMP problem?)

Home Forums Support Google ads not working (AMP problem?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Victor

Hello.

I had the adsense and AMP plugins on my website before I purchased and installed the GP Premium theme. They were working normally, but since I installed the new theme no ads are showing.

– I installed the AMP for GeneratePress plugin

– cleaned the cache

– tested with other themes

The problem seems to be on the theme compatibility with AMP itself.

Victor

Forgot to mention:

the site also got considerably slower with the AMP plugin activated — which is odd.

I deactivated the AMP plugin for now, until I find a solution.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you include a link to your site in the private information so we can see the issue?

Thanks!

Victor

Hello.

Sorry, completly forgot.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am seeing this error in the browser developers console:

TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one 'enable_page_level_ads' allowed per page.

Can you check your ad setup to make sure you’re not making more than one of the same ad request.

Victor

Hello.

I noticed that I had this duplicated code on Header.php.
    I left only one ad request now, but I think I’m still having the same issues.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am still seeing that same TagError – can you check for other codes / plugins that may be place ads.

Victor

Hello, David.

I deactivated the Quick adsense plugin and I think the the website does not have that tagError anymore.

Sorry about this.

Can you take a look again?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What are we looking for here, exactly? I took a look and ads are showing up normally. I added ?amp to the URL and the ads continue to display.

The theme itself isn’t able to prevent ads from showing if the code is added correctly – it’s just javascript and HTML.

Let us know 🙂

Victor

Hi Tom.

Don’t know what happening, but when I activate the AMP plugin, all the ads stop showing.

I deactivated the plugin for now, so I don’t lose revenue, but as soon as I activate it, the ads disappear from the website.

It might be my mistake, but with the “AMP for GeneratePress” plugin, do I need any other plugin to enable amp on my website?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s all you should need from the theme side of things.

However, this may help: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9187239?hl=en

Victor

I think the AMP for GeneratePress plugin is not enabling AMP. I tested the website on Google’s search console and it says that the website is not an AMP and does not link to any AMP pages.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

AMP for GeneratePress simply integrates some of the GP options with the AMP plugin – it doesn’t have the ability to prevent the functionality of the official plugin from working.

Just to confirm, you’re using this plugin, right?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/amp/

Victor

Oh, I see.
    Thats right. I’m using this AMP plugin (is deactivated now because of this issue)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you look into AMP-specific ads (the link I posted above)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.