[Resolved] Going from Elementor to GenerateBlocks Pro

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Going from Elementor to GenerateBlocks Pro

Home Forums Support Going from Elementor to GenerateBlocks Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

I’m thinking of getting ride of Elementor and setting up GB Pro and had some questions. Before I start the process Elementor will only be on my home page, one site page and the footer. I do use it for an “author box” as well via short code on most pages so I guess I’ll have to find a plugin for that or does GP Blocks have an option?

1. I have the Aspire theme, how do I access the other themes in the GP library?
    2. I was going to transfer my site to a staging area first
    3. Deactivate Elementor, Classic Editor and TinyMCE.
    4. Install GB Pro
    5. Install new theme and create a new home page, header and footer
    6. Once completed push it to the live site.

Any suggestions to the above process?

Do you know if Elementor will be completely removed from my site once I deactivate it?

I have some “Simple CSS” in Customizer…should I delete that before installing GP Blocks/New theme?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that process looks good to me.

On staging site – yes it is best to remove any Simple CSS and any Customizer > Additional CSS ( there may be some remnants from the Aspire Import ) first, and clean up any content after you removing plugins.

Elementor does leave some mess behind … this article explains how to clean up the database:

https://guides.wp-bullet.com/clean-wordpress-database-after-removing-elementor-page-builder/

Kevin

Great thanks for the help!

Kevin

One other thing, can you let me know on item #1 (how to get the other GP templates)?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can access the Site Library in Dashboard > Appearance > GeneratePress – more info here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

Kevin

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Kevin

So I did all of the above (created a stagging site, deleted elementor, purchased GBPro etc) and tried to install a new site from the GP site library and it’s not working. You can see from the link what’s happening; menu bar, Twitter card image and a generic footer.

None of the styling/layout is there

How do I get this to work? FYI I submitted a support ticket on GenerateBlocks but then figured this might be better place for it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry which site did you import?

Kevin

I tried Search and Health multiple times

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you import the demo content as well?

Kevin

Well…apparently I didn’t; thanks for getting me in the right direction!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Cody

Hey Support, my purpose for getting premium was to migrate away from Elementor to GP Blocks but it doesn’t appear to be very easy. I don’t have a huge site by any means and I built it myself using Elementor. What are the steps to begin getting rid of Elementor, do you have any videos devoted to this (seems there must be tons of people like me trying to do the same) that provides step-by-step instructions on how to proceed. I know that’s a tall order but hunting and pecking is too much for regular folks to take on. Thanks.

Cody

Leo,

Get me started getting rid of Elementor. We can start with step one. Maybe add step two. Can we begin? Thanks again…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.