[Resolved] Glossary Plugin Won't Display Tooltips on Archive Pages

Home Forums Support Glossary Plugin Won't Display Tooltips on Archive Pages

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Leo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Leslie

Hi,
    I am using the Glossary plugin by Codeat. It functions well on page.php pages but isn’t working at all on archive.php pages. I am wondering whether you can suggest an alternative plugin or a resource to help me write my own code. The plugin author hasn’t been helpful – he simply said that another plugin or my theme could be creating the problem; he also said “our plugin use the_content filter and does some checks about what is the kind of page and so on.” I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. I have seen the css resource linked below that you recommended to another GP user, but I am using a plugin because I have hundreds of glossary terms so I can’t style each term manually.

The link to my website url below takes you to a single page where you can see some glossary terms underlined. Above the post title, you can click on “National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds” to see an archive page where the glossary terms aren’t being recognized.

Thanks for your guidance. Leslie

https://kazzkiq.github.io/balloon.css/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i found this – were those options enabled ?

https://codeat.co/glossary/docs/enable-disable-glossary-specific-post-types/

Alternative plugin – i haven’t used this but seen several recommendations:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/enhanced-tooltipglossary/

Leslie

Hi, yes I had all of the correct options checked, I think, and I fiddled around with them a lot to see if any of them were causing problems. I will look at the other plugin. It’s frustrating because I paid for the premium version of the Glossary plugin…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you able to test if the function works correctly with a twenty series WP theme?

That will help us to identify if it’s indeed a theme issue or not.

Leslie

I will try that and let you know. I am definitely not changing themes though – GP has been terrific for me. I have no technical background whatsoever, yet using your documentation I’ve been able to add some of my own functions in GP’s Elements (with the help of GenerateWP too) and I’ve added some custom css as well. Before I started, I didn’t know what a function was or what css stood for! πŸ™‚

Leslie

Hi, the archive pages do not work with the 2020 WP theme either, so it’s not a theme issue. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

the archive pages do not work with the 2020 WP theme either, so it’s not a theme issue.

I would report this to their support πŸ™‚

Leslie

Will do, thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.