- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Leo.
September 28, 2019 at 6:41 pm #1021543Ken
I just purchased the paid version of this theme and I have several questions below.
2) I’m trying to create a simple blog site like the following: https://www.financialsamurai.com/ Two or three columns of posts on the left, and then on the right have a capture for my email list, ads, and recent /relevant posts. I tried a bunch of the existing GP layouts, but I’m not having any success editing them.
Plus, even before editing the layout, they looks broken once I switch over to them.
3) How do I add an author box to the end of my posts? Once I get the hang of things, I’ll need this feature.
I’m assuming I’m missing some very basic principles in my approach to editing this theme. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.September 28, 2019 at 9:01 pm #1021589LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. Little tough to tell. Have you made sure that all the images are optimized before uploading?
I also noticed that some of the images are bigger than they need to be. Take this one for example:
The uploaded image width is
1100pxbut the container width is only
I would recommend resizing the images then optimized before uploading.
If you are still having issues after that, try disabling all plugins except GP Premium then reactivate them one by one to see which is causing it.
2. This layout is actually a bit tricky as WordPress only displays the latest posts on the post page by default.
You can use Gutenberg columns with WP Show Posts plugin for the first two columns then sidebar widget area for the social icons and subscription list.
3. This requires an author box plugins as well. I don’t use one myself but I’ve heard good reviews about this:
Let me know if this helps 🙂September 29, 2019 at 10:47 am #1022030Ken
Thank you for the quick feedback.
1) I’ll go ahead and disable the plugins and work backwards as suggested, because I’d figure if my images were improperly sized with my previous theme the page size wouldn’t grow by using GP.
But yes, you are correct that the images are too large.
2) For your recommendation of “…Gutenberg columns with WP Show Posts plugin…”, do you recommend I start with a pre-existing GP site layout?
3) Thanks; I’ll give that a go.September 29, 2019 at 1:09 pm #1022073LeoStaffCustomer SupportOctober 6, 2019 at 11:19 am #1027782Ken
I created the layout as discussed in this thread using Elementor.
Question is: many of the changes I made with Elementor are not reflecting onto my actual site (nor in the preview). I’ve cleared my cache on both WP and my browser. I’m not sure what the issue is.
I’ve read on other forums that using Elementor and the theme editor together may cause said issues. Not sure if there’s any truth to this. Thoughts? Thanks.October 6, 2019 at 1:39 pm #1027844LeoStaffCustomer SupportOctober 6, 2019 at 4:15 pm #1027905Ken
Thank you; that worked – I had to disable several other plugins too.
1) So there’s no conflict between using Elementor while editing the theme through the GeneratePress plugin simultaneously?
2) This ties to my question #1: I can’t create the link hover color functionality, when you hover over a blog title (e.g. go from black to blue). See here: https://ibb.co/5LJmQZ9
3) Does GeneratePress have any conflict with working with ‘WP Rocket’ plugin? I’ve read some conflicting things.
4) How can I change the look/position of the hamburger menu using GeneratePress? See here in desktop mode: https://ibb.co/w4DgBhk
5) Do you recommend any plugins for the right most column, to show top blog posts and categories? Something lightweight that works well with GP.
Thanks again for all your great help.October 6, 2019 at 9:14 pm #1027997LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) No there shouldn’t be.
2) Can you link me to the page that’s working?
3) There are certain settings in WP Rocket that needs to be disabled depending on what features you are using.
4) What are you looking to change?
5) You could try something like WP Show Posts. All plugins that are well coded should work with GP 🙂
Can you please start new topics for each of your questions? In my experience this way we could be much more effective when helping.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.