[Resolved] Getting my blog on baseball-reference.com

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Getting my blog on baseball-reference.com

Home Forums Support Getting my blog on baseball-reference.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Heath

I need help! It may not be theme related but I am lost on how to fix my issue.
    My blog used to be on baseball-reference.com but now it isn’t. I didn’t catch it right away when it first happened so I don’t know what caused it but baseball-reference is telling me that my site is changing their special links( so their crawler picks it up) into my own site links. Hence why my blog is not eligible because it doesn’t show as one of theirs? I don’t remember changing anything in the settings.

Below is some snippets of emails from them.

While the Doug Fister link in that article leads to Baseball-Reference, when I checked the RSS feed it shows this link:

a href=”https://www.criswellscc.com/?feed-stats-url=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmFzZWJhbGwtcmVmZXJlbmNlLmNvbS9wbGF5ZXJzL2YvZmlzdGVkbzAxLnNodG1s&feed-stats-url-post-id=1301″

Since Baseball-Reference doesn’t appear in that URL it’s not getting picked up.

Right, but in the feed our system doesn’t detect the link because it’s not seeing “baseball-reference” in the URL there. I’m not sure how you managed to make it so the URL appears that way, but that’s tripping up our system.

S-R Bugs
    bugs_1@sports-reference.com

Well it’s back to full feed but it appears your blog is still having the same issue we didn’t get around last time, where links to our site are displaying on the feed as criswellscc.com URLs, not baseball-reference URLs. Our system doesn’t have a way around that.

Please help! Any suggestions to fix this? Baseball reference say they’ve never seen this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately as you suggested the theme itself has no way of controlling or affecting this.

Perhaps your hosting company would some ideas?

If not then maybe try asking on https://stackoverflow.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Perhaps there is a plugin conflict?

Have you checked with your hosting?

Heath

I did check with my hosting and they told me to change my robots.txt file to:

User-agent: *
    Allow: /

This is basically what I already had. I don’t think it’s going to make a difference.

Heath

I know you say it’s not really your thing I’m just looking for any help. I’m pulling at straws here. Does the theme automatically change links to nofollow? That may not have anything to do with this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So when it used to work, it wasn’t using GP?

Have you tried disabling all plugins to see if any the problem still exist?

If so then any chance you can quickly switch over to a twenty series WP theme and see if that fixes it?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Heath

I was not using GP at the time. I’ve since switched a couple of themes and I’m trying to get it back on their site so I don’t know when this issue started.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried the debugging tips suggested above?

It will really help us to narrow down the problem πŸ™‚

Heath

I deactivated all plugins and checked the RSS feed and it appears to be showing as it should. So I guess I reactivate 1 at a time to narrow it down to the culprit?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes πŸ™‚

Heath

Thank you for all the help! It was a stats plugin that caused this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.