[Support request] GeneratePress theme conflicts with The Event Calendar’s list view

Home Forums Support [Support request] GeneratePress theme conflicts with The Event Calendar’s list view

Home Forums Support GeneratePress theme conflicts with The Event Calendar’s list view

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sharcs

Hi, I have The Event Calendar installed on a GP Premium site.

I have the latest theme (3.0.2) and plugin (1.12.3) installed.

I’m running a local server with PHP 8 (Xampp).

I’m currently using Firefox 85.0.

This issue only seems to happen when I have the GeneratePress theme active.

Deactivating GP Premium has no effect.

I’m trying to set up an events page where it shows all the events from my chosen category in list view and I’ve run into a bit of a peculiar issue.

When you click on the events page, sometimes it shows the list view properly (1 on the image below), sometimes it shows what I’m assuming is the mobile view (2 on the image below).

Perplexing Views

When it shows the list view (1) properly and you refresh the page, it shows the (2) mobile view with the big images and no excerpt text. Refreshing again does not take it back to list view.

When it’s showing the mobile view (2), and you change the size of the screen by zooming in or out, it goes back to the correct list view (1).

When it’s showing the mobile view (2) and you open the Inspect Element window, it goes back to the list view (1).

This behaviour seems to happen across multiple browsers. I’ve tried it on Chrome and Edge but I’m still running into the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any change you could put up a staging site? So we could observe the page and get an idea of what’s occurring.

You can provide the site details on the private information text field. Thank you.

sharcs

Not at the moment, sorry, it’s currently on a local host.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m afraid we can’t be of much help if we can’t inspect the site as we can’t gather clues as to what’s causing it.

Let us know if/when you can setup a staging site and we’ll gladly help you out.

sharcs

I’ve uploaded it into a server. It’s on the events page.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks a lot.

Can you try testing it using a WordPress default theme (ex: twenty twenty) and check if it still occurs?

This seems like a bug with the plugin’s script. It’s script seems to be misidentifying the proper responsive layout to show onload.

It’s a good idea to ask the plugin’s developer/support if perhaps they have a update/patch for this.
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/

sharcs

The page works properly when you change the theme.

I’ve changed it to the 2020 theme so you can see for yourself.

I’ll make a post on the support forum for the plugin, but I’d really appreciate if you have any advice on a fix or a workaround in the meantime.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

The page works properly when you change the theme.

I’ve changed it to the 2020 theme so you can see for yourself.

Thanks for letting us known.

Can you revert the theme back to GeneratePress? To do CSS-based test to check.

Thank you.

sharcs

Done. It’s now back to the GeneratePress theme.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try adding this CSS and see if it still occurs?

.container.grid-container, .site-content, .tribe-events-view {
        width: 100%;
    }
    sharcs

That seems to have done the trick, thanks Elvin.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.