[Resolved] GeneratePress Premium stopping Elementor Add Single/Archive Template Functioning

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress Premium stopping Elementor Add Single/Archive Template Functioning

Home Forums Support GeneratePress Premium stopping Elementor Add Single/Archive Template Functioning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Gillian

Hi

I’ve was trying to build a single post template using Elementor Pro and kept getting

Sorry the content area was not found on your page – you must call “the_content” function in the current template ….

I could use Add New to add templates for Page, Section, Header and Footer but not Single Post or Post Archive.

By process of elimination, I found this only happens when GP Prem is activated.

Any ideas on how to resolve the conflict?

Thanks

Lyle

Hi Gillian,

If you are getting that error message, you are not going about the correct way πŸ™‚

Using the latest versions of everything (GP 2.1.1, GPP 1.6.2, Elementor 2.0.11, Elementor Pro 2.0.5) I had no problem creating single post, archive and category archive templates.

For a single post template:
    – Dashboard > Elementor > My Templates > Single (tab) > Add New
    – name the template > Create Template
    – select a template from the Blocks or click the X and build one from scratch using the Theme Elements widgets, Post Title and Post Content at a minimum
    – Publish > Add Condition
    – click the All Singular dropdown and select All Posts
    – Publish
    – done πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Gillian

Lyle – That’s what I am doing. Can’t get past the Create Template step with GP Prem activated. Deactivate GP Prem and there’s not a problem. I can add any of the template options with GP Prem activated using the method you’ve outlined except for Single and Archive.

I’ve got a work round which is to deactivate GPPrem, create the single post template and then reactivate GPPrem, but not really satisfactory. I need to get to the bottom of what’s causing the problem.

Lyle

Hmm, that is odd. It just worked for me πŸ™‚
    Perhaps there is another plugin conflict somewhere.

Gillian

NO – it’s definitely GP Prem. If I deactiavte everything except Elementor, ElementorPro and GP Prem I get the same message.

Lyle

I will have to disagree and that it is not GPP as GPP is working for me and not for you πŸ™‚
    It could very well be some setting in your GPP setup, perhaps in GP Hooks or some other settings.
    To verify, you could use the GPP Reset feature to test, after of course making a backup.

Gillian

I had two hooks in place, so I disabled them and tried again. This time I was able to get through to edit with elementor but when I came to Publish the template I got a 403 error.

I’ll try resetting GPP one element at a time and see what happens then. But it will have to wait to later – now I’ve got the template I want I’ve got about 60 posts to get up ready for proof reading before site goes live.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gillian

the 403 could be a persmissions issue, maybe something in your settings that your host can advise upon. Personally i would advise against designing a single post template on a site that already has live content.

If there is a particular style single post you are looking for then maybe we can advice on how to achieve that with the GP template.

The problem we have is when another plugin takes control of that template it goes out of scope and makes it difficult for us to advise. I will do some tests in the meantime to see if i can replicate the issues you are having. But it may be advisable to raise a support ticket with Elementor as well.

Gillian

David, I’ve raised a support ticket with Elementor and they say because it only happens when GP Prem is activated, it’s not something they can help with.

I have full access to the hosting permissions.

The template I need is for one category of posts only and adds an Elementor section above the Elementor section which forms the ‘footer’ on all posts and pages. The ‘footer’ section is called using a shortcode in the before footer content hook. I have a shortcode for the additional section.

The end footer bar with the copyright is set in GP.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gillian,

this is odd, as i have been unable to replicate the issue. You can use a Hook with a conditional like so:

<?php if ( in_category( 'my-category' ) && is_single() ) : ?>
        <?php echo do_shortcode( '[elementor-template id="XXX"]' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    Gillian

Thanks David
    I’ll try that over the elementor template. is the ‘my-category’ the category number or slug?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gillian it is the slug.

Gillian

Thanks David – that works.

Just for future reference, what would the conditional php be if I was using a custom post type rather than the standard single post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gillian instead of is_single you can apply:

is_singular( ‘cpt-name’ )

Gillian

Thanks David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.