[Resolved] GeneratePress Prem stopping Elementor Previews

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress Prem stopping Elementor Previews

Home Forums Support GeneratePress Prem stopping Elementor Previews

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gillian

I have GeneratePress v2.0.2, GeneratePress Prem v1.5.6, Elementor v1.9.4 and Elementor Pro v1.13.2 and have been happily updating/editing pages in Elementor for months. Today, I had to refresh a page as it seemed to have got stuck and then continued working – updated the changes, came out to the dashboard and then tried to edit another page with Elementor but I got a message about being unable to load the preview. Following the Elementor instructions, I deactivated all plugins except the two Elementor ones and then activated each one in turn. I could access the Edit with Elementor preview with all plugin except GeneratePress Prem activated, but when I activate GeneratePress Prem I get the error message.

What can I do to stop this happening? GeneratePress Premium and Elementor have worked together well until about 30 minutes ago.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That is weird. We have tons of people using GP and Elementor so there shouldn’t be any conflicts like this.

So you tested with Only GP and Elementor activated?

Might be worth asking Elementor as well. They know that there shouldn’t be any conflicts with GP πŸ™‚

Gillian

Hi Leo

Yes I have tried it with only Elementor Pro and GP Prem activated. It is definitely the combination of Elementor and GP that’s causing the problem. When GP Prem is activated the Elementor Slider widget doesn’t show up on the website and only one part of a Custom Footer created in Elementor shows up. Strangely I get a preview of the Custom Footer in edit with Elementor but I can’t get a preview in Edit with Elementor of a page.

I have asked Elementor Support as well but they aren’t in your league for the speed of response!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

With GP and Elementor activated, can you try de-activate each add-on and see if there is a specific add-on that’s causing the problem?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-add-ons

Let us know πŸ™‚

Gillian

Hi Leo

Deactivating the add-ons and then switching them on helped me track down the problem – but not the why.

I eventually found that an Elementor template was causing the problem. I had a ‘Custom Footer’ template which I called using GP Hooks. Disable the Hook and everything worked fine. Enable the Hook and the problem returns. Go back to an earlier version of the template and everything works fine.

I recreated the template from scratch and used that in the Hook and everything is working again – almost. The exception is that in Firefox the facebook feed doesn’t show up but it does in all other browsers – think this must be something to do with the Firefox settings but I haven’t investigated that yet.

Thanks for the help – I would never have got there without your suggestion.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.