[Resolved] Generatepress overrides Thrive Architect's CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generatepress overrides Thrive Architect's CSS

Home Forums Support Generatepress overrides Thrive Architect's CSS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jack

Hi,

Please watch this screen recording:

https://cl.ly/f2e1f43bd06a

My site used to rely heavily on Thrive Architect for all post and page designs, but I’ve recently switched to Generatepress because I need the speed.

However, I realize that the CSS and design were removed on some of the pages and posts.

Could you let me know what is the issue and do you have any advice for me? I’m currently in contact with Thrive Architect as well, and I really hope to work things out on both sides.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

how were those pages previously created? Were they ‘integrated’ within your old Theme?

Jack

I was using a theme by Thrive Themes. I’ll usually create a post through wordpress, then click on “edit with Thrive Architect”.

I don’t think there were any integrations as the Thrive Architect should be built to work with any wordpress themes.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thrive Architect will work with GP – but currently that page has no GP template its 100% thrive which makes me think it was built on a thrive theme specific template. May be best to wait and see what Thrive have to say.

Jack

Oh. I think I started with one of Thrive Architect’s template (the blank one).

Generatepress do not have the option to start on a blank page (correct me if I am wrong). I need to use that page as a landing page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So if you want to strip out all of the GP theme elements you can use the Layout meta box:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-metabox-overview/

This will allow you to Disable Elements and create a Full Width ( no padding ) Page Builder Container.

Jack

The Layout Element works like a charm. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.
    Worth reading up on the other Elements modules … . very powerful

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.