[Support request] Generatepress elements and elementor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generatepress elements and elementor

Home Forums Support Generatepress elements and elementor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Silver

Hi,

I’m trying to edit my archive pages. So far, what I did is configure a global page head using the “Elements” tab. Then I checked my archive pages and everything looks the way it should. But then I have widgets that I use throughout the site thru Elementor that should also be present in my archive pages. So I used the archive builder from Elementor Pro but it doesn’t recognize the sidebars that I activated thru global page headers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Silver

I even tried using Anywhere Elementor. In AE it’s a little bit better. I can see my GP sidebar when I’m in “Edit with elementor” page. But when actually visited, the sidebar is nowhere to be found.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Archive Pages cannot be edited directly with Elementor, and by creating an Archive Template with Elementor breaks the Theme relationship. So Theme widgets in sidebars etc. will not be displayed.

The workaround is to include an extra columns in the Elementor Archive template and use the Side Bar Widget.

Silver

I see. That’s why I deleted the archive page that was edited thru elementor pro and I want to use the template I made using anywhere elementor since at least in AE I can see the GP sidebar. But outside edit mode, sidebar is not shown. I don’t understand why it shows in edit mode (incl any Elementor widgets I put) but nothing outside of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.