[Support request] GeneratePress blog excerpt issue with Beaver Builder active in Posts

Home Forums Support [Support request] GeneratePress blog excerpt issue with Beaver Builder active in Posts

Home Forums Support GeneratePress blog excerpt issue with Beaver Builder active in Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Theo

Hi,

I’m having an issue whenever I have Beaver Builder active in a post.

When I go into any archive page, the post with the Page Builder active will always be shown full length no matter what options I choose for excerpts, read more tags, etc.

You can see an example here:
    http://theorib.webfactional.com/blog/

The first post in that link should be shortened to it’s excerpt but it’s being shown full length on the blog archive page.

I tested the exact same situation with other themes and they work out fine with only the excerpt for the first post showing which makes me deduce it’s an issue with GeneratePress.

Anyone stumbled into a similar situation?
    Any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t think GP would have control over it since all the style/CSS are from BB in that first post.

Can you check with BB support and see what they say first? Let us know if they think it’s a theme issue.

Thanks!

Theo

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply.

It’s not really a style/CSS issue and everything is actually fine style-wise.

The theme controls what part of the article or excerpt is shown on the blog index page and that is where the problem lies since it’s not about hiding things with CSS but about the actual markup the theme is outputting.

There is nothing I can do on the inside a page builder to change that.

For some reason, when there is content from the page builder and specifically inside a blog post the theme is not working properly to show an excerpt instead of a full post in the index.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting..

Things that force the blog to show full content:

1. The more tag
    2. Post format set to something other than standard
    3. Custom code dealing with the generate_more_tag filter

Can you confirm that your post doesn’t match any of those conditions?

Theo

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back on that. You nailed it.

I had a more tag in a few posts including that one and when I removed it the problem was gone.

Now what I don’t understand is why would that happen? Isn’t the more tag supposed to do exactly that? Break the post at a chosen point and only allow what was before it to show on an archive page?

Thanks loads!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The more tag only works when full content is set, as WP looks for the <!-- more --> HTML comment to determine the cut off point.

Excerpts strip all HTML – including the <!-- more --> comment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.