[Resolved] GeneratePress and Gatsbyjs

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress and Gatsbyjs

Home Forums Support GeneratePress and Gatsbyjs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mr_juri

Hi,

I am newby with Gatsbyjs and all tecnology connected (ReactJS, Vue, …).

I’d like study it and connect with GeneratePress, but I don’t know if it is possible.

So, this is my question:

Need I to create/edit/search a new theme to implement Gatsbyjs or Can I use GeneratePress?

Thanks,

Juri

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with Gatsbyjs unfortunately.

However, if it’s built to work with WordPress themes, it will work with GeneratePress.

Have you checked with their support to see what is required to implement it in a WordPress theme?

Let me know πŸ™‚

mr_juri

Me too I am new about this concepts.

I try to understand more about it, and them I will give some new.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Jeff

Hi…did you figure out how to use Gatsby with GeneratePress? I’d like to do the same and am starting my research….

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Not at this time. However, I’d love any and all feedback on what would need to be done to integrate with it if anyone has the time to look into it.

Thanks!

JC

I’m also interested in this as GP is my new GO TO THEME even if I have a learning curb to get some stuff done but headless CMS is the way forward for ultimate speed and having it work with Gatsby will be absolutely awesome.

anja

Hello,
    has anyone here made any progress on the topic of GPP+Gatsby (or Fontity), we are just starting out on the topic and this resource is our 1st step in finding information -. Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

from the little i have read, which felt like too much reading lol, its not possible to make a traditional PHP Theme work in a headless environment like Gatsby or Fontity.

The general approach of headless, is to decouple the back end ( WordPress CMS ) from the front end. The front end traditionally a PHP codedd WP Theme is replaced with the headless environments Javascript templates. But its not just the theme that is responsible for the front end. Code from the core block editor or other plugins or HTML in your post content would also need to be considered.

If you look at the available Headless WP hosting solutions on offer, of which they are very few, they have built dedicated API integrations to allow WP as a CMS to generate Headless output.

I am not sure what users intentions are for headless CMS, but if its a speed thing then you may want to look at a Static HTML site generator, as those are something that should work without a lot of headaches.

anja

Hello David,
    thank you very much for this good support, ^^
    it describes exactly the core which we could learn after ‘many reading’ today, yes it’s about speed, the flexibility and now study the static HTML generators in more detail.
    Thanks ^^

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.