[Support request] Generatepress and Elementor pro wont work togheter

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generatepress and Elementor pro wont work togheter

Home Forums Support Generatepress and Elementor pro wont work togheter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jonas

As soon as I activate Elementor PRO the Layout meta data disappear and when I look in the Gobal Widget/Header/Footer tabs of EP the following fault messages shows up:

“( ! ) Notice: Trying to get property ‘taxonomy’ of non-object in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 136”

&

“( ! ) Notice: Trying to get property ‘term_id’ of non-object in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 144”

Shows up, would anyone know how to fix that?
    thnks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Jonas

Hi David,

Tried it by only having Elementor, Elementor pro and GP premium activated, but still the same on my site. Will try later on with a clean install.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s very strange. This is happening inside the WP Dashboard?

That code is only executed when viewing a taxonomy archives template on the front end – it shouldn’t be executing anywhere in the backend.

Any custom functions on the site?

Jonas

Hi Tom/David,

Have made some tests and it seems to be two problems, when I tried on a new install and when activating elementor pro the layout metabox disappear on any elementor templates.

And when I activate GP Premium the fault messages comes up (not on new install) and yes it is in the backend and the only custom functions is in a plugin that I have made. I have a dev site you could get admin rights to if I can send you the password secure.
    j

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be great – can you send them through the Account Issue form?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Be sure to mention this topic πŸ™‚

Jonas

Done

Jonas

I found the problem with the fault messages, as soon as I activate page headers the message starts. It wont on a clean install so it is something on my site that buggers it up. And I am not too worried about that as I have been quite brutal testing the site and might have to redo what I have done. But that the layout section wont work is a bummer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The URL you sent doesn’t seem to have WordPress installed yet. Can you double check?

Jonas

Sorry,

I buggered the dev server up last night, try the same but on my production server = no “dev.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are the errors happening on your production server as well?

Jonas

Yea the error messages shows up on all my sites, local, dev, production BUT forget about it, I bet it is something in my setup and/or some old data on my DB. I am rebuilding the lot for the moment. That the GP layout section (metabox) wont show up on any Elementor templates when activating Elementor PRO is the biggest hurdle for me as a newbie in WP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We haven’t given up on this – still testing. Will let you know once we know more πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Found the issue and fixed in 1.6.3. Hoping to get it released next week.

If you’re comfortable editing files, I can tell you which code to replace so the issue will go away for you right away.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Just reporting that I’m also getting this exact error with Elementor Pro, but it looks like the fix is on the way. Thanks.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/michaelcharvetcc/public_html/penner.michaelcharvet.com/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 136

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/michaelcharvetcc/public_html/penner.michaelcharvet.com/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/page-header/functions/functions.php on line 144

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.