[Support request] GeneratePress adds all the google font weights?

Home Forums Support [Support request] GeneratePress adds all the google font weights?

Home Forums Support GeneratePress adds all the google font weights?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

As a responsible developer, I am trying to limit myself to 3 font weights, which Google Fonts indicates will keep my page speedy (even though my designer brain wants more choices). I added two Google Fonts to my Generate Press menu—Palanquin and Palanquin Dark. I kept myself to 3 weights altogether when choosing fonts in the Typography options.

I noticed today that this is what’s in the head of my page source:
    <link rel='stylesheet' id='generate-fonts-css' href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Palanquin:100,200,300,regular,500,600,700|Palanquin+Dark:regular,500,600,700' type='text/css' media='all' />

So I wonder if:
    1) Google is being alarmist about loading too many weights and it’s really not a big deal;
    2) GP is going to load all the weights no matter what, so I might as well use them;
    3) It would be better for me to somehow defeat GP and load the weights I’m using with my own functions and CSS.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Lisa,

Yes, by default GP loads all of the variants so you can use whatever font weight you want without any issues.

In a future version, a text box will be available so you can add/remove variants as you need.

lerschiboi

Hi there,
    the update Tom spoke about seems to be in place now. However, from what I can see, I’m only able to remove variants and not add them back in.
    Am I missing something here? How exactly do I add them back in?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you click within the area with the listed variants, a dropdown box will appear with all of the available ones. Clicking on them will re-add them to the text box.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.