[Resolved] GenerateBlocks vs. Elements Module

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks vs. Elements Module

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks vs. Elements Module

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janine

Just to clarify, the Elements modules allows a user to create design elements that they can include or exclude anywhere on their site. In a sense, can we say that they are global?

On the other hand, blocks are more local?

I can create a footer section using both. But with Elements, I can place it anywhere I want on the site. Am I understanding the distinction?

With GenerateBlocks, will users be able to convert the blocks they create into elements that they can include or exclude anywhere on their site?

I guess I am trying to figure out if and where these tools overlap.

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not sure what you are asking here but it sounds like there are some misunderstanding.

Hook element – this allows you to add content using any GP hooks in the old code editor.

Block element – this allows you to add content using any GP hooks in the Gutenberg editor.

GenerateBlocks – this plugin enhances the default Gutenberg editor and gives more blocks to build the layout you desire, it can be used in a block element if you wish.

Janine

Thanks, Leo.

Still not quite following it. I think that it may be just my lack of web development knowledge. I have been using GP Premium for 3 years. I would love to re-do my site and use your latest tools, so I am trying to understand them.

In any case, I think that they may be a developer’s dream, but not so much for a lay person such as I. I think I need more knowledge of some kind before I can use them.

Anyhoo, thank you and BE SAFE.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Janine

Leo, I figured it out. And now your explanation makes perfect sense to me. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Rekindle

Hi Leo,

Hook element – this allows you to add content using any GP hooks in the old code editor.

Block element – this allows you to add content using any GP hooks in the Gutenberg editor.

I think these couple of lines should go into the documentation. I wasn’t clear about how Block Element > Hook was different from the Hook Element itself till I read this.

Janine

Hi, Rekindle.

Thanks for this clarification.😊

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.