[Resolved] GenerateBlocks: Global styles

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GenerateBlocks: Global styles

Home Forums Support GenerateBlocks: Global styles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello 🙂

I’m running into issues regarding global styles. After saving the Global styles post, the global styles do get updated into the context menu for said block type (container etc).

However, upon selection, some – but not all – of the global styling get brought over.

I’ve made a custom button using a GB button as my starting point. Altered the padding, font, background gradient, effects etc. Saved the “Global style” post. Upon selecting this global style to a GB button on a page – properties like padding and the background color won’t obey the global style; instead I have to erase the predefined values of those properties of said button to have the global style apply. Same with container, so far those are the two I’ve worked with.

I would definately think that a global style should be obeyed by default, if such is applied.

Perhaps I’m just not understanding the system yet 🙂 Entirely possible.

EDIT: Some wording

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jaakko,

I’m sorry to say but this is Generatepress’s support forum, can you please open a support ticket/topic in GB’s support system?

Free: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/generateblocks/
    Pro: https://generateblocks.com/support/

Thanks for your understanding!

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hello,

I fully understand, but… I registered to GB Community yesterday and after confirming my email I got a message in the browser saying that my account still needs manual approval – from a moderator, I guess?

How long will this take? Thank you.

– JP

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I will take a look at your Community registration request.
    But you can open a direct support ticket via GenerateBlocks by going to your account and selecting Open Support Topic from the menu – follow the steps to open the support form:

https://generateblocks.com/support/#support

To save any more delays, I will answer here:
    Global Styles can be overwritten locally in the Block Editor.
    This does mean you have to unpick any current block level styles if you want to replace them later with a Global Style.
    The reason for this was to allow users greater scope for how they use a Global Style. For example i have defined a simple Global Styles that just sets the Padding for my container blocks. Whereas their other styles such as Backgrounds can be set at the Block Level.
    We’re looking at other options for expanding this feature, such as reset all current styles, and lock styles in the editor.

Hope this helps.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Hey David,

Thanks. Yeah, all that you said is fine’n’dandy and completely understood.

Yes, please do add a “Inherit all styles”-button below the global styles switch and show it when the switch is turned on and a global style is selected. The button would then remove all local block settings and THEN you could finetune the block if needed.

Trust me, people want and need that x)

Resolved.

– JP

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the feedback – we’ll definitely look at some options for this.

James

I would also very warmly receive ‘reset all current styles’ and ‘lock styles’ options in the editor! That said, very impressed with GenerateBlocks Pro so far, it is an essential upgrade if you value your time. Huge huge thank you the team that build and support the Generate-family of software, it is excellent!

(apologies in advance for contributing to a topic that isn’t strictly GeneratePress related!)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi James,

thanks for the great feedback – its on our list of feature updates!!

Yvon

Hi, I run into the same issue. How do I “unpick any current block level styles”?
    Thanks,
    Yvon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

currently you would need to manually edit the block level styles to remove them

Yvon

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

I can’t seem to figure that out. I have reset all block level styles and cleared all caches, but the global style button still does not appear. Only some of the css is applied, but most of it is overwritten by something else. Any idea where else to look?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What styles are missing ?
    As a note: SVG Icons are not part of the global styles – they have to be added in the editor as they are NOT CSS but HTML.

Yvon

Hi Dave, thanks so much for your time and trying to help me.

When I inspect the global style button only the box-shadow is applied, None of the other settings are applied. This is the css I see when I use inspect:

.gb-button-wrapper .gb-button-main-button {
    box-shadow: 0 5px 0 0 #8757a2;
    }

I have a test page whith the global button and at the top a local button with the same styles applied:

https://www.staging8.ingevanhaselen.nl/test-global-style/

The button at the top has local styles and the button on the page has the global style, it should look the same as the button at the top.

Thanks,
    Yvon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to add a link to the Button 🙂

Yvon

Woooohaaa!!! … Yes, that works. How stupid of me, I never thought the link would do the trick. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.