[Support request] Generate Press Theme is causing Page Builder Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generate Press Theme is causing Page Builder Issue

Home Forums Support Generate Press Theme is causing Page Builder Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rick

I believe that my Generate Press theme is causing my Elementor Page Builder not to be able to load to edit. This happened with another website of mine and the tech support from Elegant Themes figured out that it was the following”I have done troubleshooting and found that it was having issues with the following option in Divi Theme > General > Performance > Enqueue jQuery Compatibility Script.”

Can you please help with this issue? The website the problem is being caused on is https://mamamiaitialiano.com/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Theme doesn’t have any control over Elementor and it does not interfere with the editor in any way.

You may want to speak with Elementor support as they should know what may cause a problem with their editor.

Other things you may want to try is to temporarily disable ALL other plugins aside from Elementor. This will confirm if there is a plugin conflict.

Rick

I am sorry but your answer is incorrect. I had this problem on another website I have and Elementor would not load and the problem was inside the theme. The Elegant Themes support team member was able to figure it out and the problem was the Enqueue jQuery Compatibility Script. Once it was turned off my Elementor Page Builder started working correctly once again!

Rick
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let me rephrase:

GeneratePress doesn’t have any control over Elementor and it does not interfere with the editor in any way.
    And neither does it interfere with what version of jQuery it loaded. GP doesn’t even load jQuery unless you have the Sticky Navigation option enabled.

If you can explain what the issue is and whether you see any errors or maybe share a screenshot then i might be able to advise.
    But i recommend you contact Elementor support.

Rick

https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAu69Py6

I had this same problem on another website that has a Divi Theme which also has nothing to do with the Elememntor page builder. However, as you can see in the screenshot the gentleman from Elegant Themes support which is Divi was able to figure out that it was In Fact the theme causing the issue.

Screenshot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I hear that – but GeneratePress does NOT do those kind of things, Divi Theme was built for the Divi Builder and that does all kinds of Divi related stuff that GP does not.

You can see here:

That is the Bold site from our Library running the latest version of Elementor and a few other plugins:

As you can see i have no issues editing the site.

And as i said if you can provide me more info related to the issue then i may be able to advise.
    You may want to begin with the advice i provided here:

Other things you may want to try is to temporarily disable ALL other plugins aside from Elementor. This will confirm if there is a plugin conflict.

Rick

I completely understand what you are saying and I am not saying that the same exact issue is the cause but it has to be something relevant. I have already had Elementor tech support on the backend of the website and they have disabled all plugins and have done everything required to confirm that it is in fact not a plugin causing the issue. Yesterday, I also had Bluehost support on the Backend of the website and they took the same steps as the Elementor tech support among other steps, and they confirmed that it is not a plugin causing the problem and that it looks like it is most likely the theme causing the problem and to reach out to Generate Press tech support.

When I go into a page and Click on edit with Elementor this is the first message I receive.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/YEurgZxK

Now, once I click Enable Safe Mode to find out the problem this is the message I get.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuNko26

Now, this is the exact same problem I had on my other website that has a Divi theme, and the way the gentleman from Elegant Themes fixed it was by doing what I showed you in the other screenshot.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you temporarily switch the Theme to one of the Twenty Something themes ?

Rick

I have not tried that. It will not erase any work, will it? Everything will be like it was once I switch it back to Generate Press?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

GeneratePress saves its settings in the database so you can switch between themes without losing GPs settings.

Rick

So, I tried 2 different themes and the same issue is still occuring. So you are correct, it is not within the theme it seems like. I do have the website hosted on a Cloudflare CDN account. Since I am receiving a redirect error message could that possibly be where the issue is?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The CDN could be causing an issue – best way to find out is to disable it. 🙂

Rick

Thank you for all your help today…God Bless!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome – i hope you get it resolved 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.