[Support request] Generate press prevents elementor from loading

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generate press prevents elementor from loading

Home Forums Support Generate press prevents elementor from loading

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Manesh

Hi there – I have the latest version of Generate Press Installed, as well as the latest version of WP and Elementor Page builder.

I am also using a child theme of Generate Press version -01

When editing a page in Elementor – the widget panel just hangs with the spinning circle.

If I change the theme to Hello Elementor theme – everything works perfectly. If I Activate Generate Press parent theme – everything works.
    But if I activate the child theme – I get the hanging widgets panel. is there a new version of the child theme available?

NOTE – I only have basic plugins installed – not even more than 5 plugins.

Its a new site I’m rebuilding. so I have re-installed a clean version of WP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

A child theme should be empty by default – it simply grabs the files from the parent theme unless you have files overwriting it.

I assume the issue is solved if you download and install a blank child theme from here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/#installing-a-child-theme

If so it’s likely something in your child theme that’s causing the problem.

Let me know 🙂

Manesh

Hi, initially I thought the same. I did, in fact, download the child theme again, from the same link provided. But that did not resolve the issue.
    Switching to the parent theme resolved the issue, or using the HELLO ELEMENTOR theme also resolves the issue.

I have switched to the parent theme for the time being, so that I can continue developing the site pages.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is nothing added in your child theme?

edhelmstead

Hello,
    I am having the same issue as Manesh (Elementor Panel not loading), except that I am not using a child theme. It’s a site that I’ve inherited and need to make revisions to. Site was built using GP Premium and Elementor. After updating/purchasing the Elementor plug-in, I first encountered the issue. Through some troubleshooting, I determined it was the GP plug-in causing the issue. When disabled the Elementor Panel is fine. But, the theme is messed up. Updated/Purchased and installed the latest version of GP Premium, but that has not solved the issue. Please help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for your question?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Generate press prevents elementor from loading’ is closed to new replies.